NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need a rod with enough backbone as you fish deep in 200 - 250 ft, but too stiff rods are no good as you use 6 - 8 oz jigs.
I experimented with various rods and I like GLoomis 7'7" Muskie rod rated 20 -50 lbs. The Muskie rod rated 17 - 40 is good one too, but I feel it is a little light to use 8 oz.

What is your favorite offshore seabass rods ?

This post edited by KILSONG 10:44 PM 01/13/2008

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I like the Daiwa Saltiga 8' 20-50 lb "Northeast Cod" rod I picked up this fall. Its perfect for 6-8 oz jigs.

Light as a feather but with lots of backbone and a great action.

I'm using it with a Saltiga SA20.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
MY 2

The two rods I used for all of my trips were, Two custom St.Croix built on the 4M73MHF blank, and Lamiglass MB 1143. Jigging with the St Croix was nice be cause the blank is so light, But...I got rid of the 2 I had when I saw 3 G-loomis graphite rods EXPLODE when the anglers got hung with braid, The Lami has the power and the parabolic "give" to it that is perfect for fishing the deep with the braid, both of the Lami's have 322 Newells, since I have moved to maine these rods are my "inshore/haddock" rods

This post edited by walkingontime 07:43 AM 01/14/2008

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.