NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Haven't used it yet personally but second-hand reports say it's good. Just expensive relative to regular line.

I'm still sticking with Big Game or spectra for now.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Have Been Using The 8 lb. Test Line For Fluke Fishing And The 30 Lb. Test Line For Stripers And Blues. I Really Like Both And Have Caught Tons Of Fish. I Have Not Re-spooled Yet This Year other Than Taking 3 To 7 Ft. Of Line Off The End. It's Been working Great For Me, But I Am Fishing From My Boat In The L.I. Sound Not In The Surf. I Think It Would Work Ok There Also, But Most Surf Guy's Are Using Braids ( Fireline, Power Pro, Etc. ) Give It A Try
Good Luck

-----~~ <"((((>< BAD-BOY'S

·
Banned
3,311 Posts
I've been using it all season on my boat & in the surf. It behaves just like mono and if you buy it on the internet, it costs the same as Big Game & Spectra. I can't say that I've noticed any difference in it's effectiveness. I hope to think that the fluorocarbon coating decreases visibility enough to catch more fish, but as a test we've been fishing a few rods spooled with clear Ande and on many trips, the Ande out-fished the Yozuri.

Go Figure...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Its good stuff. I have it spooled on an old brass Penn ultralight . I bought it last winter at boaters world over by sunrise mall. They had a deal where the line was free if you bought 2 small Yo-Zuri lures, it was all shrunkwrapped together, a good deal at that.

Alan.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback...I've been using 8lb diameter/14lb strength fireline on a Shimano Stradic off the boat and have been impressed, except for the wind knots. I have been hesitant to put fireline on my Penn 706z surf reel for this reason, but I do want to give it a shot...anyone have experience and recommendation on what diameter/strength fireline would be ideal for the Montauk surf?

MC

This message was edited by PorgyMan on 10-15-01 @ 10:09 AM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.