NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yankee Capts, Ironman Trip, 1/17/08

Is anyone going on this trip, three of us, from Jersey, are going.
Need some tips on what to bring...........Thanks

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just got back from the 3 day mutton trip, It was just great, nice seas good people plenty of fish. Actually got back yesterday, boy was I tired, standing at the rail in the last few hours all I could think of was I hope I don't lose the rod out of my hands on the next big fish ,so what happened, I hook a large nurse shark. That took everything out of me and I had to turn in, my new buddy at the rail stayed the last two hours and finished with a big black grouper and the guy on the other side caught such a large mutton that he had to have the mate John reel it in, we were so tired I could never make the iron man, not at this age :0)
So back to your question. the info Greg sends you with your confermation is the best you will get. Also you can e-mail him with any questions the man has the patience of a saint. Also do a search on this web site and you will find all you need to know. Again ask Greg himself with any questions.
You guys are in for a great time, not sure of the kind of fishing you are in for because I don,t have the brochure in front of me, but, and I type this knowing how tired you guys are gonne be has got me smiling from ear to ear, all I did today was skin the yellow tail fillets and pack the fillets of all the fish into freezer bags and drope off at friends and family, I have about 80 lbs of snapper, mutton and grouper. And I wasen't high hook by far. The locals wipped my azz. But I will be back cause I think I got this mutton thing down now. Way differant than fishing up north on Long Island were I'm from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, we're used to Raritain BAy fishing for stripers and local Jersey wreaks. This trip sounds like a good one, I hope, not sure how long I can last at the rails either, but we'll give it the old Jersey try !!!!

Have a great New YEar
John

·
Registered
150 Posts
John,

I was on the same 3 day trip as wahoolust and had a great time even thought the american airlines did their best to screw up my trip. My cooler did not arrive in time and it stayed in Key West for the entire trip...all of my terminal gear hooks, beads, assist hooks for jigs etc were in that cooler as well as all of my toiletries and extra clothes.

If you plan to fly in then ship everything you must have directly to Capt Greg (HE IS AWESOME) or fly in a day in advance in case your stuff is delayed. Bring a cooler for bait and your catch (there is a local place within walking distance of the boat to buy ice. Bring something in case you get seasickness..it happened to me and thanks to a generous guy with an extra patch my trip was fun rather that the **** it could have been.

Plan to sleep during mid-day as you will want to take advantage of the night bite and early morning action. BRING EAR PLUGS as the Yankee Capts is an aluminum hull and it is noisy down below and there will be at least one or more LOUD snoring folks (I was one of them).

Finally plan to have the time of your life and you will go home whipped. I am still tired and my hands are sore but I would go out again tomorrow if there was time.

Enjoy,

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.