NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
The Penn Sabre line has a model that is designed for wire line. The guides are a special type, the name escapes me, and it has a beefed up roller tip. Above all use these special guides and a roller tip on wire rod, you will experience must smoother results. These rods are pricey, but from what I have seen of them are seem to be comprable with a decent custom built rod...hope my 2 cents helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

You might want to check out your local tackle shop for a wire line rod made by STAR RODS.
They use carbide guides.

I have seen them for sale in J & H in Oakdale and also at Bobs Bait and Tackle in Amity Harbor. Give them a call first to make sure they still have them in stock.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil
(631)567-8049

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi,If you are looking for spoon rods,both Seeker and Star make wire spoon rods. They come in 8 and 9 footers. Try to get the new Seeker rods with the slick butts if you go with the Seekers....Davey:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.