NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, went to the NFSSeminar today and as always it didn't dissapoint, GREAT TIME . Decided to hit the Nassue Colusium for the Outdoors show afterwards. Man, what a disapointment!!!!!!!!!. I can't beleive they have the nerve to charge $7.00 for parking then $11.00 to get in. Then if your hungry it's $5.00 for a hot dog, $4.00 for a preztel and $4.00 for a large coke>>total $31.00 . Then you walk around for 45minutes searching for a deal or something of interest. Unless your a hunter or a knife collector there wasn't much more than that there.
I've been going to this show for years and this will be my final time. I'm looking to buy a few things (plugs, terminal tackle etc.etc.) but it was far and few between as far as vendors selling ANY WAS CONCERNED.
Amazingly there wasn't even a Van Stall in the building unless it was displayed as a prop. No surf bags,No surf jackets, No topnotch lure builders. Nothing more than a waste of time and money. Too whom ever puts that show together "shame on you".

JUST MY 2 CENTS>>>>>>>>>>>Martin

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
Thankx

I was going to go sunday morning, even though every year I say I will never go back, for all the same reasons you stated.

I will stay home and get a headstart on the food for the Championship games instead.

Good talking to you today

·
Registered
93 Posts
I stopped going there 3yrs.ago,when i had my 3yr.old in a stroller and they charged me for him.At that time it was going down hill,not geared to the island(fishing).

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
I went there once a fews ago because I had free tickets. (still had to pay for parking
) I did't think it was worth the price with the NYSFF show a few weeks away.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Martin,

I went to Coliseum last year and that show was terrible. Being in that dingy basement was very depressing.

There were some threads on this show , I wish you would have read them and saved your time and money. Oh well, at least next year you wont get burned again.

John

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
Great show

stpaul7 wrote:
Glad I didn't go
I like the one in Febuary too it's has great speakers and all geared towards fishing... Jow Felicia does a great job on that show year after year Federation Show

While a bit on the small side, the seminars are great, I think last year was Capt. Barbs first public seminar which i was glad to have watched.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SO GLAD!!

Hi all, glad I wasn't the only 1 feeling this way. I can't even imagin what it would of cost me if I had brought my 2 boys. Live and learn, never again. Can't wait till the next big show.
LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>mARTIN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.