NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about helping out.

I am sure there were Dads that were lost who went fishing with their kids.

I will offer, totally on me. Hotel stay, dinner at Gosmans and fishing on my boat for a day/whatever.Whatever kind of fishing is ok. On my Osprey 24. Boat name " Daisy ". I will pay for all train fare if needed also.

If anyone knows of sons/daughters or familys of September 11 who might need a lift/cheer, have them e-mail me. I will accomodate as much as possible.

e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is what makes us so strong

Count me in. I have a Carolina classic 25 out of Staten island and will also extend the offer to any nypd, fdny, papd, ems who needs some r&r. Maybe we can organize a day when everyone in the NY and NJ area who has a boat can do this, not looking for publicity just want to do as much as I can.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
9/11

Rooster,
I've been a member here on Nor'East for nearly 2 years and that is the nicest,positive post I've ever read here.I lost my sister-in-law on that day and I can tell you first hand that the families are still living it every day.Glad to see there are people like you out there.Its an excellent idea,I too would be willing to share a day with someone who needs it.
paulie

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great response. Helping out is what it is all about.

It looks as though I will have overflow.
I will need some help. Let me fish through the responses and will get back to everyone.

My wife and I are going to do a couple of weekends it looks like so far.

Will keep everyone updated as to how many more people respond. Extra fisherman will be needed to help out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
9/11 fishing day

My email is [email protected] and while rooster is to the east I run my boa tout of brooklyn...so if there r a few who have trouble with transportation..
and live to the west I'm here i run 26 ft center console with a full head for children and woman..lol
hey rooster e-mail me so you can give me some advice..just want to say thanks and give alittle r&r to all the hero's of that day if you live in the bkyln queens area ill pick you up
Max
[email protected]
all you have to bring is some muscle power .to catch some fish..be well

·
Registered
644 Posts
9/11

you can count me in on this effort if you need some more help.

i have 2 boats, one in brooklyn the other in staten island, both are 25'.

let me know if i can be of assistance with providing a boat or money or tackle or whatever is needed.

peace to all.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi guys,

God has blessed us all in many different ways. It is great to see so many willing to share themselves, their time and resources.

Rooster, you have started something that is snowballing. I'm beginning to wonder about the logistics of matching all the volunteers with the people to go fishing. Is their an organization already in existence to handle this? Is this something Noreast might get involved with?

If funds are needed for this, I will build a custom rod valued approx $375 that can be raffled off.

If someone needs a mate for the day to help out let me know. I would be glad to sail with you.

Capt Neil

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Hi guys,

I have been trying to get my boss' neice and nephew out fishing but they have been too busy with other activities. They lost their fireman and fisherman father. I would love to help contribute to this effort as well. Our boat isn't very female/child friendly, without many comforts. I would be happy to mate on someones boat, share expenses, and provide tackle to use. I also live about in the middle of the island and could pick people up to bring them to the boat just about anywhere. Otherwise, I would be happy to contribute towards bait and fuel for someone.

Capt. Neil's idea would be great, if Noreast could somehow consolidate all of the information here. Boats and their location, sailing dates, and maybe even a list of contributors. Maybe even arrange an auction or sponsor (might be some insurance issues) the event for some publicity.

Just some thoughts. I can be contacted at [email protected]

·
Registered
284 Posts
9/11

Dan,

It's great to see someone so caring and willing to donate their time, effort and money to help those kids in need. It's also great to realize other members are willing to pitch in as well.

Let me add: Maybe you can work on obtaining donations to possibly rent out a party boat and take all the kids out in one shot. And hopefully some of the members here can donate their time as extra deck hands to help out and provide a good time for the kids.

Whatever you decide is fine by me --whether you need my boat, time or some money. Count me in. It sounds great!

Capt. Jay

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll donate my time, but, I'm only 11 but I'm pretty strong for my age and have LOTS of carving wood for lures and such, only problem, I can't carve, and, I can't paint but it's free and if the boat has a fireplace (for roasting fish like on an overnight boat if they do that) I have TONS of fire wood. And, I've got plenty of things to kill the fish with (except a gaff go figure) amd I might be able to bring some food/propane grill thing along. Also, I have a free rod to give away (if my parents will let me) but one of the guide rings is loose and I got a better one. So if you can fix it, why not give someone a nice rod, has about 15lb test 6ft tall Shakespeare BWS 1260R-IM Action medium with a Shina Powerspin 0080 reel

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rooster,
Incredibly awesome gesture on your part. (And to all of you that have offered to partake in this event) If any of you need a mate for a day please let me know. I am in N. Babylon but would make the drive almost anywhere to help out these families. I would be more then happy to offer my services.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.