1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
# 1 - I'm a registered Democrat so I can only vote for a Democrat

# 2
Only Hillary Can Reunite Republican Party

Both Sen. McCain and Gov. Romney are too flawed to reunite and reinvigorate a dispirited Republican party. There is only one candidate who can do that. And she might lose to Barack Obama

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
I have said, and will continue to say, that If its Obama vs McCain, Obama wins! (Too many conservatives have problems with McCain's voting record and would sit out the election. Hillary vs McCain, McCain wins because as much as they don't like McCain they HATE Hillary and would rise up to defeat her.

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Romney's economic claims challenged

BOSTON - It's part of Mitt Romney's core narrative: Massachusetts, in the throes of a fiscal freefall, fell back on his CEO skills and turnaround wizardry to spark ? in his words ? "a dramatic reversal of state fortunes and a period of sustained economic expansion."

It's a rosy opinion of Massachusetts' economy that few in the state share. Instead, observers say, the state's recovery from a disastrous 2001 recession has been tepid at best, and Romney gives himself more credit than deserved on job creation and balancing the state budget.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
related events

Giants won unexpectedly; McCain will too.

Wader, vote your conscience. Hillary has been a mother, first lady, and junior Senator. Obama was a professor and Senator. What really qualifies either of these people to be the leader of the Free World?

I know where my vote's going...

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sortie wrote:
Wader, vote your conscience.

Oh I will be................

I will probably be voting Republican in the main electin unless a real viable 3rd Party candidate arrives. Not necessarily Bloomberg however.

I'm a registered Democrat so I can't vote for any of the Republicans in the NY primary. So I started thinking about where my vote might be put to its best use to help the Republicans.

I think I found it.......

This post edited by wader 01:07 PM 02/04/2008

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
I think if Obama and Hillary run together, the republicans may have a battle on thier hands, once Oprah teaches all those women that Barak Obama is not Osama Bin Laden, and forget trying to tell them Barak's middle name is Hussein

If them 2 team up they'll have the minority vote and the women vote.. It will all come down getting those lazy white boys to actually show up at the polls. Can I pick on lazy white boys here?

I think we had a preview of the Democratic "grand plan" the last debate... how nicey nice was that?

Love to see Bloomy throw his hat into the ring, but that may hurt the republicans also..

This post edited by likeitreallyis 02:11 PM 02/04/2008

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
Can I pick on lazy white boys here?Bob, you should know that white Christian males are fair game for unlimited nasty name-calling, so you may proceed with impunity.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
SORTIE wrote:
likeitreallyis wrote:
Can I pick on lazy white boys here?Bob, you should know that white Christian males are fair game for unlimited nasty name-calling, so you may proceed with impunity.

LMAO Sortie guess we're not as sensitive

I think the only thing that could stop a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket would be a likeable 3rd party candidate..and the Democrats are feeling that way too... the 3rd party candidate would split the Republican vote..

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well - it looks like my plan is working

she just took NY..........

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

XXXXX

This post edited by wader 10:13 PM 02/05/2008

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Who "wins" on the democratic side doesn't make a difference, all of the candidates split the delegates. If they finish 51-49 they both wind up with almost the same amount of delegates.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Guess some people weren't listening last week when Silly Hillary said she would lock up prime rate for 5 years! Great idea! Stock market would be at 5000 with a "plan" like that. Still think Bill needed glasses at a young age and refused to get them!

Good Luck
UNC

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Health Plans

I like all the health plans they talk about. Just don't say how we're gonna pay for them. Hill's plan will put 30% of small businesses Bankrupt and the other Plan puts our taxes at 50% for those of us that work. Alot of promises from both sides but no explaining where the money's gonna come from to pay for all those rosy ideas.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
either way you look at it, it's time to stop the outsourcing of our future. The rich who pay NO taxes (ask Wesley Snipes and Derrick Jeter) need to pay thier fair share... (only the little people pay taxes ha ha)

Republicans will help the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It's time for a new approach. Iraq was stupid and Mcain sings "bomb bomb bomb Iran"...

Afghanistan was a necessity, as is going into Pakistan yes.

I'm going officially on record as a registered republican, as voting the democratic candidate in this election.. If the republicans win, expect more record deficits (remember the surplus?) and dressing your kids for more war and trillions of dollars diverted to this effort instead of priority one: cheap alternative domestic fuel. Hydrogen, solar, wind, and domestic natural gas, nuclear power, fuel cells, ethanol...

It's time for a change. Are YOU better off then you were before the Republicans took over? If you are among the 5 percent rich with 95 percent of the money, the answer is yes.. the 95 percent who train people outside the US to take your job away for the sake of making that 5 percent even richer...well think about it.

Don't let the rhetoric of the well off pursuade your vote. Tax and spend democrats ? I hope so. Just tax fairly and spend the money the right way.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
AUDREYMAE wrote:
I like all the health plans they talk about. Just don't say how we're gonna pay for them. Hill's plan will put 30% of small businesses Bankrupt and the other Plan puts our taxes at 50% for those of us that work. Alot of promises from both sides but no explaining where the money's gonna come from to pay for all those rosy ideas.

The money will come from the untaxed rich. The republicans approach is that if the rich have money, they will share it with us...

But ask the rich, especially in show busineess and entertainment, why they want to be paid in Euros.... and why most of thier "primary" residences are out of the country or in states with no income taxes. (Right Derek Jeter? ;) )

This post edited by likeitreallyis 09:32 AM 02/06/2008

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:

going into Pakistan? Don't you want the rest of the world to love us, likeitreallyis? After all....that IS one of the selling points of the Dem "change" mantra.

Kumbaya, my Lord.....Kumbaya.......

likeitreallyis wrote:

But ask the rich, especially in show busineess and entertainment, why they want to be paid in Euros

because they hate America?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
dawnpatrol136 wrote:
likeitreallyis wrote:

going into Pakistan? Don't you want the rest of the world to love us, likeitreallyis? After all....that IS one of the selling points of the Dem "change" mantra.

Kumbaya, my Lord.....Kumbaya.......

likeitreallyis wrote:

But ask the rich, especially in show busineess and entertainment, why they want to be paid in Euros

because they hate America?

No dawn I don't care what the world thinks of us, as they hate us until they need us. These people are pigs. The only thing they react to is thier own fear. We need them to be scared of us. Take off the white gloves and fight the enemy with everything we got...

The rich love america don't kid yourself.

The real enemy is in Pakistan right now. That's where we should be. FTW. Seal the borders and let's start thinking about ourselves for a change.

Nobody else will.

This post edited by likeitreallyis 10:01 AM 02/06/2008

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.