NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama will be a nightmare on foreign policy and an Isolationist a policy that does not work just ask Neville Chambers or Woodrow Wilson

Clinton will tax the **** out of us and also be a nightmare on forein policy

Mcain is too tied into big bussiness namely the HMO,s and the oil companys but will be good on foreign policy..but dont expect any change with health care or big oil

so ....... They all suck

I was hoping for Edwards but oh well...but comes November ill vote for Obama because he,s at least different and has voted his concious when all have been against him ya gotta respect that

BTW I am a registered Independant I think both partys suck

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
the health plan will never pass threw the house nd senate if it does it will be vetoed do to add ons. grid lock

illegal immigration . same thing, they will never be able to make sure there learning English nd stuff ..gridlock

most tax changes ...gridlock

war ...gridlock

stay on the same course:confused:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
mesinger wrote:
Obama will be a nightmare on foreign policy and an Isolationist a policy that does not work just ask Neville Chambers or Woodrow Wilson

How bout we ask JFK or GWB?

(....and it's Neville Chamberlain) :)

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
edvac wrote:
the health plan will never pass threw the house nd senate if it does it will be vetoed do to add ons. grid lock

illegal immigration . same thing, they will never be able to make sure there learning English nd stuff ..gridlock

most tax changes ...gridlock

war ...gridlock

stay on the same course:confused:

............Ed, you a politician................

..................I will write in Ed..........
;)

Well..............I don't like any of them either, but if it comes to it................I may have to choose McCain.:rolleyes:
Why, you ask..........:confused:........:confused:.............:confused:.........cause I simply loath Hillary............and as far as Obama...............I don't like his wife...............she is way to pushy
....and obviously has Barack whipped.

Did you see how she treated Stevie Wonder..............

After hogging all the steps and knocking him off to the ground, she barely went out of her way to see if he was OK.
She stopped for a second and then went way fast to the podium and left Stevie alone with his Aide.:rolleyes:
Didn't even have the decency to hang around and see if he was really ok.:rolleyes:
:mad:

After all...............she had to get out there for her people..........you'd think it was her running for president.:rolleyes:...................
...uh oh.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
mesinger wrote:

Clinton will tax the **** out of us and also be a nightmare on forein policy

Mcain is too tied into big bussiness namely the HMO,s and the oil companys but will be good on foreign policy..but dont expect any change with health care or big oil

so ....... They all suck

I was hoping for Edwards but oh well...but comes November ill vote for Obama because he,s at least different and has voted his concious when all have been against him ya gotta respect that

BTW I am a registered Independant I think both partys suck

OMG.

Let's look at the tax scene you are so worried about.

Hillary is looking to roll back the tax cuts yes.

You and I are saving about $30.00 a month with these cuts.

The top 1 percent will receive $477 billion dollars, more than half of all the money. The other 99 percent get the other "breaks"

How about spending the $477 billion on:

reinvesting in jobs here, say getting some of these people who really WANT to work start working on getting to the massive natural gas reserves that exist beneath our own soil, not letting foriegn companies dump foreign gas in the middle of Long Island sound aka broadwater... how about our own gas?

Electricity is nothing more than moving a magnet through a coil.

Do we need foreign oil to do that? No.

Invest in solar panels for EVERY home. More jobs.

Ethanol (more farming jobs)

Fix our bridges and infrastructure (more jobs)

Wind projects, particularly on mountain sides where the wind always blows (more jobs)

Stop with the billions of dollars paying for the uninsured who show up at emergency rooms (taxpayer paid anyway)...

Hydrogen power. Don't say it don't work, the Germans have BMW's and even airliners that run on this (just ask them)..

Safe Nuclear power (more jobs)

The alternative?

Vote republican, go to war with Iran ( over oil, not the bomb) they can't sell the oil (we don't need it) they have no money to throw away on such ambitions..

Keep the status quo and our foreign reliance on Oil, because, well a few politically connected, including our president, make the money from it, so it's good for the economy.. who cares it's not our oil.. I made money so it's good.

No more blood for oil.

We have already many ways of pushing that bar through a coil. We are not dumb. We are dumb for not implementing it and sending our kids off to die for a 100 year old technology to push that bar..

we have alternatives., lobbyists and special interest groups who are well funded with these generous tax breaks keeps us thinking like dinosaurs, and happy to send our kids off to fight for it. As long as a few make money.

Time to stop thinking like a dinosaur, and voting for one, and bring the boys back home and have them start digging for our own solutions.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
How about spending the $477 billion on:

reinvesting in jobs here, say getting some of these people who really WANT to work start working on getting to the massive natural gas reserves that exist beneath our own soil, not letting foriegn companies dump foreign gas in the middle of Long Island sound aka broadwater... how about our own gas?

Electricity is nothing more than moving a magnet through a coil.

Do we need foreign oil to do that? No.

Invest in solar panels for EVERY home. More jobs.

Ethanol (more farming jobs)

Fix our bridges and infrastructure (more jobs)

Wind projects, particularly on mountain sides where the wind always blows (more jobs)

Stop with the billions of dollars paying for the uninsured who show up at emergency rooms (taxpayer paid anyway)...

Hydrogen power. Don't say it don't work, the Germans have BMW's and even airliners that run on this (just ask them)..

Safe Nuclear power (more jobs)

So who do you trust more to make good investments in all of those areas, the Government or the business people who have proven that they are already succesful? Bureaucrat or businessman? Almost all of that money is going to wind up being invested in the economy, its really just a question of who is going to decide where to invest it.

This post edited by MakoMike 10:56 AM 02/09/2008

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Good question Mike.

Mcain is already interested into going to Iran.. no tax roll back, no money to invest. Period.

Obama, well his plan of immediate withdrawal from Iraq is ethically wrong in my opinion. We should have never went in, as Obama voted against the war from day 1, but leaving now is wrong.

Afghanistan, yes and we should be all over Pakistan with everything we got, the enemy is there, not Iran..

Hillary intends to tap into those enormous tax breaks to help fund a health care system that is sorely needed...the one now is one which pays for the uninsured to get treated for free in emergency rooms, even if you are an illegal alien..

First you need to secure the money. Mcain does not want to roll back the cuts for the wealthy, and wants to keep our dependence on foreign fossil fuels, as most dinosaurs do.

And he's a little trigger happy and loves to sing "bomb bomb bomb Iran" if you recall...

The answer is in front of all of us. Invest in alternative energy, but yes it costs, but will create jobs and leave a future generation without the imbelicle cord that feeds money to our enemies. No oil, no money to research your bombs... and no need to be there to secure this hundred year old technology....

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
LIRI,
I wasn't trying to defend any of the candidates, just your idea of rolling back the tax cuts for the "rich." As far as health care goe, we already have universal health care, as you pointed out anyone can go to an emergency room and get treated, regardless of whether they can afford it or not. What the politicos are really interested in is getting control over the health care system, because the way it works right now they have no control. Its all controlled by the doctors, patients and insurance companies. Universal health care as proposed by the politicos isn't really a solution to anything. To the extent that they bring more people into the health care system then care will be rationed by waiting times instead of by cost. That may sound more egalitarian, but it is not as efficient, so it winds up costing a lot more. IMHO a waste of money.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Mike,

The present "universal health care" that you say we have is that if an illegal alien or uninsured needs care, they go to the emergency room and the bill is footed by the taxpayers anyway...

Doctors who prescribe unneeded drugs because drug companies bribe them (see the latest Merck settlement this week?) is proof positive this industry needs to be regulated and overseen...massive overbilling to the government (aka you and I who are paying taxes).. is a real need.

Over $30 billion is spent on the uninsured alone. Hillary needs 80 billion for the whole plan. She needs 50 billion more. We give $477 billion to the top 1 percent richest alone. This leaves $427 billion left after the rollback..

Mcain, will continue with the adding to the deficit by not even thinking about rolling any of this money back..

Keep broadwater out and tap our own reserves.

Politicians or businessmen? Well the businessmen want foreign fossil fuels and so do the special interest groups.. we need some government projects that invest in alternative energy. Without the rollback, we'll have nothing to invest, just a rising deficit we will leave our kids...

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
ya but the rich will be paying alot more towards health care, but that plan dosnt include illegal immagrants. if they demand insurance companies to lower prices there going to demand we eat right nd exercise obligations. we need to take the third world illegals out . the government dosnt understand they go to there language stores segregate with them self's there in a separate world then us . if you get rid of that world we can still function fine because we need less stuff for us the legal people. it will only make us stronger. but the government only follows the laws that make them money us nd u they say we know whats best for you. i im not voting screw them i can adjust fine with there bull ****. what about you.

remember Regan pulled some crap he got shot.

didnt he pick nuclear power instead of solar power. i heard thats why jimmy peanuts got kicked out after the first term. he picked solar.

This post edited by edvac 11:28 AM 02/09/2008

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Ed you don't need 1 single answer for alternative energy there are many, together all of them can replace our needs for oil easily.

I'm not anti immigrant per say, come here legally and pay your fair share, don't sneek in and undercut the taxpaying, insurance paying US worker...

The more we rely on foreign oil and the politicians that support it, the more we are fundin our enemies to build the bombs and weapons we are so worried about...

This should not be a war on terror.. it should be a war on oil and other foreign fossil fuels...

We have the most natural gas here in North America, yet we are letting a foreign company dump FOREIGN gas in the middle of the Long Island sound.. aka broadwater.. more money for the enemy to invest in it's plan to come after us even more, and now a Republican candidate who wants to spend billions more fighting in Iran..

Alternative energy will hurt them alot more than an occasional bombing run over a house full of insurgents and goats..

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
edvac wrote:
there is no terror . we always get hit about once every 6 to 10 years

The more money we give them.. aka foreign fossil fuels.. the more they'll have to invest in the war on us.. they're coming Ed don't kid yourself..

The world hates us, which means they must love Al Queada....

Take away the funding and let them make oil filled baloons to throw at us, not a multi million dollar nuclear research facility you and I contribute to everytime we fill up at the gas pump...

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
they hate our government nd take it out on us . like we do to them.
the borders r wide open still . if there were terrorists dont u think the government would put the wall up nd got illegals out

This post edited by edvac 11:47 AM 02/09/2008

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
edImNotVotingvac wrote:
............................. i im not voting screw them i can adjust fine with there bull ****. what about you.

......pick one and vote............not voting is not an option..........
:mad: It is your duty as an American Citizen to go out and vote...........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.