NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why not just stop fishing all together. That way you'll have absolutely no way of harming a fish.

Do you really think us guys standing in the suds, waiting for the random hit or blitz to come by do anywhere near the damage done by the haul netting commercial fishermen? To think that a website that promotes catch and release and reposible sports fishing is doing harm to the fishery is ridiculus.

If you think keeping a spot a secret will save fish go ahead. It must be lonely in your world.

AtomAnt

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Blaming the tackle shops that sale fresh bait - now that's comedy! :)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

This message was edited by Jaiem on 11-29-01 @ 9:48 AM

·
Registered
19 Posts
First of all, "bait boy," respect is something that must be earned. I've seen guys drop-kick ****tails into the water, keep (read, KILL) more than one bass in a day, give away shorts, etc. If people want their spots and their "successes" respected, and those who witness their "successes" to remain tight-lipped, then they should do the right thing and not turn a blind eye to environmental law which is in place to protect our ocean resources. Whether you're the guy who breaks the law, or simply the one who supports the fishermen that do, you're at fault.

THE KID [a.k.a. 'BLACKBALL']

This message was edited by THEKID on 11-29-01 @ 11:46 AM

·
Registered
19 Posts
This matter you keep eluding to has nothing to do with anyone but those who disregard the laws meant to protect our fisheries. Your discussion -- which was removed from the board yesterday -- was erased because it's intention was to personally attack a specific individual (yours truly). If you don't have the strength of character to report your own name, your email address, etc. to this website, then why spew nonsense about others using their true identities? Something's got to give, "bait boy."

I have never placed judgement on another angler for keeping fish. I've taken a few myself this year. Whether it's a Bluefish, a Striped Bass, or a Weakfish, everyone is entitled to their share -- IF THEY ABIDE BY LOCAL LAW.

Attacking fellow fishermen? I am a passive person in pursuit of happiness in the surf. There's very little that can ruin the excitement I feel each and every time I put myself at the mercy of the elements; chasing fish; watching others enjoying their passion. But when I witness willful misconduct, gross negligence, etc., my "high" is tainted. And while many fishermen are content to turn a blind eye to people who abuse the law (ie, killing more than one Bass per day; keeping shorts), I become a little more active. Personally, I don't think anyone should tolerate such nonsense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
55 fish released.
Assuming one fish every 10 minutes (non-stop action)
You had the stamina to continue fishing for 9+ hours.
That figure is assuming you NEVER took a break to rest.
WOW you must have BIG muscles! (Between your ears)

If you don't like bait, why did you pick "bait boy"?
Go buy a fishing rod, instead of testing our gullibility.
I believe NONE of what I hear, and only HALF of what I see.
Who the **** is RICHIE?

Hirame

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I wanted to "spy" on fishermen and patrol the roads I would've become a law enforcement agent -- either with the DEC or the Highway Patrol. Being a good samaritan can hardly be misconstrued as spying. Besides, I was fishing the beach in question long before "the wrongdoer" ever fished it. Regardless of whether or not "the word" got out regarding the decent (at best) bait bite over at that beach, it was worth it. Maybe as a result some people will be more conscious of their actions now. Maybe they'll think twice about over-stepping the bounds of the law. People are watching, "bait boy." Don't fool yourself. Maybe it took one guy to voice his discontent to give a little courage to the others.

By the way, why don't you share your identity with us? I mean, you're dropping everyone else's name here. Are you embarrassed about something?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So Baitboy, what your saying is that if I see a potential crime being commited, I shouldn't call the police?
Why are you breaking this guys stones for doing the right thing. Because the finger of blame was pointed at people you know?

This message was edited by Fielder on 11-29-01 @ 1:22 PM

·
Registered
353 Posts
I gather "Bill" is the poacher with the green hat?

Let me share a story with you.
My son started fishing at age 3.
On his first day at kindergarten I took him out for Stripers.
His first was 24" (the law then was 36").
I told him to "say bye-bye" and threw it back in.
(Yes, "threw", we were on a dock.)
He was confused and almost cried.
"I wanted to eat him" he said.
I took the time to explain a little fish biology to him.
He was allright with that, and he ended up catching (and releasing) 2 more.

I love my son.

Do you think some jerk with a green hat can have his fish?
(Hint: Not if I'm around).
Driving 56, 66 or even 76 is not the same as killing undersized fish.
"A fish is far too valuable to be caught only once." (Lefty Kreh)
YOU, sir, are no sportsman.

Flounder

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.