NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be going on Friday. Will the Noreast have a booth with the attendant sleeping behind the desk like he was at the boat show? LOL

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Hi Al,

I was planning on going this Monday (MLK day). You said it goes until this Sunday. Is it only the four days. I'll have to go this weekend then. Does anyone know if the CCANY will be there? Thanks

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi all,

I will be helping Capt John at the Shinne**** Star booth all 4 days.

I will have some demo rods with me.

Crazy Al, I will have the Lamiglas Spey Rods with me on Sat. Another gentleman, (spey fly rodder) is going to discuss the rod with me.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doughboy wrote:
I was planning on going this Monday (MLK day). You said it goes until this Sunday. Is it only the four days. I'll have to go this weekend then. Does anyone know if the CCANY will be there?

Hello,
Unfortunately the Nassau show is set for Today (Thursday) until Sunday.... and I don't know if CCANY will be there.

CaptNeil wrote:
Crazy Al, I will have the Lamiglas Spey Rods with me on Sat. Another gentleman, (spey fly rodder) is going to discuss the rod with me.

I will be at the NYFTTA (New York Fishing Trade Association) booth supporting the wonderful Sportsfishing Education Center.

Please stop by - if not, I will be looking for ya. ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

This message was edited by Crazy-Al on 1-17-02 @ 1:21 PM

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Either one of 2 days - Friday night (when does it end?) or Sunday first thing in the morning.

Neil - Bring one of those twisted sister rods with a reel and line so I can play. Or I could just wait until February 9th and tinker with it at the Rodbuilding Seminar. Let me know.

Billy

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Billy40,
Friday and Saturday's show will end at 10PM!

I went today (Thursday night) and visited many interesting booths and I also found Bill Wetzel's session very informative! I recommend it highly for those who wants to learn the fine art of Surf fishing! ;)

I will be there again (Friday afternoon until closing) at the NYFTTA and the Sportsfishing Education Center. Please feel free to stop by and say hello. :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi,

For Thursday night there were quite a few people walking around the show. Saw many friends and good conversation.

Quite a few were walking with new rods they had bought.

I bought 2 blanks,(like I need more blanks???), will make spin for weaks, 1 for me and the other for Capt John. He is planing to run evening weakfish trips into Peconic Bay this year.

Visited Steve Petri and loaded up on jelly stuff for fluke. Gotta visit him today and get different colored jelly worms for the weaks.

Many Capts were there. The booth with the great clam chowder is there so I gotta pick up a case. Great tasting.

This year there is a BULL to ride. After watching it in operation I think I will stick to Chickadee watching. HA!!!

See ya there!!!!

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
11,637 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bassman 909,

Yes, I fished it last night but I missed the tide (slacking). Unfortunately I could not stay longer because I had another fishing appointment early this morning.

FYI: Last night I saw plenty of herring swimming in that area! ;)
BTW: Keep an eye on this snow storm... because it will shut the bite (fish will move deeper) down!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
I am sorry to say this because of all of the people on this site that have booths at the show, but save your money guys. I haven't been to the show in a few years and now it will be at least a few more before I go again.

There weren't any particularly good deals and not that much gear. The best part was being able to put faces with some of the names on this site. It was a pleasure to meet Bill Wetzel and Capt. Neil again. And now I am a member of NYSFF.

Whatever you MIGHT save on some tackle, you have lost on admission $10, parking $6 and aggravation in getting in. Go to pass the time or meet some of the Noreast regulars, but don't expect much else.

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
I am really into hunting as well, and still found the show a disappointment. Im my opinion, the best way to improve the show would be to get some MANUFACTURERS there. Put their products on display for comparison and have plenty of literature available. Even the annual show at Sports Authority gets Penn to come to it.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The best part of the show was meeting Capt. Neil and bending a few of his rods, although my 7 year old liked the trout pool. Otherwise, very little quality tackle and a lot of BS. I'll probably pass on it next year.

Gamakatsu

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.