NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of recent info on White's Pool. I have heard and read about year round opportunities to wet a line and maybe have productive winter fishing there. Any Suffolk Co. guys out there with such knowledge. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It is an extremely small area with only room for a few anglers and most people have decided not to mention it much on these posts as it draws a crowd that makes it unfishable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I fished it once last winter, as I'm home from college for the month, and we fish yr. round for trout upstate. I was NOT impressed with whites pool. I saw a couple perch and tiny....TINY....brown trout. I jigged tipped with fresh eggs, grubs, worms and a fly under weight. Also jigged silver and gold spoon and not a bite. I got into one brown trout below the main road towards the bull on a stick bait, but thats the stream, not pool. WATCH THE TIDES!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
White's Pool depends largely on what is stocked there....and they don't last long. I've had day's with lots of 6" - 7" trout along with little perch and sunnies. Last spring I got about 7 14" brown trout within an hour and nothing else.

What is really fun is the "very rare" sea run trout.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DEFINITELY A BROWN. Depending on the time of year they are different color...ranging from very pale and boring looking to bright brown/red/almost orange. Some good looking trout I catch up in Central NY where I'm in college.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Cowboy1530 wrote:
DEFINITELY A BROWN. Depending on the time of year they are different color...ranging from very pale and boring looking to bright brown/red/almost orange. Some good looking trout I catch up in Central NY where I'm in college.

Very sweet. Cortland...Ithaca?

·
Banned
2,102 Posts
Brown trout

First off that first picture is definately a brown trout, most likely a leftover from the previous years stocking. Second, those are really nice and healthy looking trout cowboy. Some of them might be natives as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.