NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna buy I fish finder and im welling to spend up to $600+ for a good fish finder. I fish around the sound and want to get one with GPS. I was thinking Lowrance, can anyone give me any suggestions. Can anyone tell me where I can go to see a viarity of fish finders around NY, NJ, or CT.
Thanks Angel

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
www.boatersworld.com
They also have stores all over.

BEFORE you spend the money, find out how much the chart software costs. I have a magellan that uses no software, and is confusing 320, I have a standard horizon cp150 - very user friendly, with c-map software card, and I have a garmin map76 hand held, excelent but the software can get expensive.

None of my units are combos but I like my lowrance better than my raytheon fish/depth finder, the lowrance is an x-49 only about $299.

Matt

·
Registered
300 Posts
You should also go to the Nassau Coliseum boat show in Feb. There are usually several marine supply and electronics stores represented. They all have a wide array of electronics and can walk you through the pro/cons of each. I picked up a Lowrance x-75 a couple of years ago from Freeport Marine. They were very helpful. Lowrance makes a good product.

MC

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have Lowrance fishfinder and a Lowrance LORAN.....and I love em both!
They are both over 10yrs old but they have NEVER let me down.
The thing about Lowrance is even their basic models work very well.
You don't need the bells and whistles.

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sin,
It will be hard to find a unit to do what you want it to do for $600. Lowrance is definitely on its way back with two units the LCX -16 $2149 and the LCX-15 $1099. Combo units start around a grand. Call Consumer for a catolog (800)332-2628. SHOP before you buy, The prices you'll see in that catolog can be beat BIG TIME! Ask around the docks where there are 6 packs and headboats. Some other names will pop up I'm sure. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.