NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
To me, "surf" fishing means fishing the ocean. Waves, etc...

Manhattan Beach, Brighton Beach, Coney Island & Seagate all fit this description.

Flounder

This message was edited by flounder on 12-29-01 @ 10:39 AM

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks flounder! I have heard of some of the mention places. I will fish them out.

What bait fishing rig would you recommend me using for catching Striper and Bluefish? I'm new to catching striper with bait and the area. Since I have not fish those places before I dont know which rigs and bait to use.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A whole book could be written about which bait and which rig to use where!

Your local B&T will be glad to advise you, and even sell you what you need.

Flounder

This message was edited by flounder on 12-29-01 @ 10:46 AM

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been by the Verrazanno bridge on the brooklyn side. There is parking right by the base of the bridge on the brooklyn side. Never fished there myself but I have heard good things about it

AW

·
Registered
353 Posts
fourtwenty,

You don't know the half of it!

But at least I got a "thank you" from you!

You'd think the guy who asked the question in the first place would be grateful...
I guess my answer wasn't good enough for him. I'm tempted to edit it into obvlivion!
But perhaps someone will find it of use. I hope it's someone like you.

Flounder

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Flounder,

I have found your posts useful and the sharing of your experience of local waters is great. I myself am guilty of not responding quickly to posts sometimes. Being laid off and looking for a job keep me from spending as much time on the board as

Be aware that those kinds of detailed posts that focus on "information and experience" are a great resource. I do the same thing, probably on a lower level, to the kids I meet when I take my 3.5 year old fishing, it encourages them.

Hope you keep it up.

raregroove

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.