NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend my grandpa invited me to his house in florida and he would pay for the plane tickets, he lives in the Lake Okechobee region which I hear has crazy bass fishing, is february break to late to catch the monster spawining bass? What should I bring, and I don't think I have the oppurtunity to hire a guide, thanks noah
P.S. ANy other advice is helpful
Does anyone know of any other ponds or lakes around there?
What techniques should I use?

·
Registered
995 Posts
call a local guide and pick his brain, also check the lake level I was just down in Fl. and buy my mom in Boynton beach the fresh water was low. I also caught a 10lb bass in the lake by her house. didn't expect that and was laughing so hard the neighbors came out of the house. Normely I don't fish fresh.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Feb is one of the best times to go. The bass bite can be terrific that time of year and if the temps are right you might get in on some nice pre and post spawn fishing. You must might have to contend with a cold front or two but it shouldn't affect the fishing unless the temps get real low! have fun...

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Sportfishingusa wrote:
get on a boat and get some sailfish!!!

I was thinking the same thing. But I think he is looking to fish on his own and really doesn't want to spend a grand to go fishing.

·
Registered
971 Posts
hey if grandpa is layin out the cash for a plane ticket and wants to see his grandson soo bad,tell him "i aint comin down unless you book a full day offshore charter for me!" dont let him give you a snow job about how he's living off of his social security and meager pension, the old folks down here are loaded with cash to spare, even the ones living in double wides driving dodge aries K's, they just dont flaunt it ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.