NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people eat shad rowe but a friend today told me shad itself is sought after, expensive and good eating.
I caught some the other day and threw most back, gave the others away.
Anyone eat Shad, any good??

· Registered
1,545 Posts
I know that they have big time shad festivals on the Delaware river in the spring, and that there is also a festival in the city in riverside Park every year. I've tried it, its ok, not great, but people seem to like it.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Bassman

They were @ the bridges today too but I only managed 1, for some reason they werent taking my little 007 today.
I think a little snapper lure or krockadile would work better.
alan

· Registered
37 Posts
shad

i read a article about a year ago about a festival off of the hudson and they butterflied the fish and tacked it to cedar shake and stuck one end of the shake in the ground around aopen wood fire looked pretty tasty to me but never tried it

· Registered
178 Posts
There are actually many festivals that have shad. My grandfather used to(Not sure if there are shad in FL) catch Shad when he lived here and had two ways of cooking them..... Smoking them with a Cedar/Walnut mix, and the other was to butterfly them, stick them on the rotisserie and let them cook.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.