NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Crazy Al
I'm looking into the Ugly stick conventional custom boat rod 7', 20-40lbs. what will be a good reel for it at a reaseonable price? I looked at the Ambassadeur 7000c-3( do you know this kind of "lever" drag adjustment? ) and the no brainer Penn GTI320,intend to fish the race and such for Bass and Blues, whaddya say? Thanks

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
MellowYellow wrote:
… I looked at the Ambassadeur 7000c-3( do you know this kind of "lever" drag adjustment? ) and the no brainer Penn GTI320,intend to fish the race and such for Bass and Blues, whaddya say? Thanks

Hello MellowYellow,

Rob and Roger are giving you some sound advice (GTI) and you really can't go wrong with that outfit!

You also asked me if I know the Amb. 7000 c-3. Well, to be perfectly honest with you… I like that reel and it's been good to me. In fact, I've caught an 85-lbs. Yellowfin tuna with that reel (diamond jig casting) and it held up! Obviously I don't recommend it (it's very abusive to the reel) but I just thought you ought to know. :)

At this day of fishing technology… I still have my reliable GTI, Ambs, Newells, Shimano and Daiwas. Since you are planning to use it at the RACE and around The Orient Pt. grounds. You definitely need a reliable reel with enough 30-40 lbs. test line with a minimal of 50-lbs.-test leader!

Also, if you are looking for a "reasonably priced reel"… I would look into the GTI or the Newell's.

Hope this helps! :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.