NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know we all have that certain fly that we use when the going gets tuff. That certain fly that gives us so much confidence that we know that we will catch a fish when it's on. And if we don't we just say there can't possibly be any fish here.
What is your go to fly? Here's the fly that gives me that confidence.

Chartruse/White 1/2&1/2 clouser using either saddle hackle or zonker strips.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
In the spring, during the day, a hot pink/chartreuse clouser with lots of flash. Yes, it works great!

Otherwise, a small or medium sized all white deceiver.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
Blind casting/ Day light- I agree with the Chartruese/White Clouser. Nightime All Black. Any signs of fish working or sipping I love a Metallic Crease Fly in either silver or chartruese for top action fun. Their durability is also a plus when Blues or Spaniards are in the mix.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Uh-oh, my secret is out! ;)

Seriously, it's a killer daytime spring fly. I can't take credit for discovering the color pattern, a friend showed it to me. The first time I saw him use it I laughed. But he got the last laugh - he out fished me badly! I tied a few up and went back the next week and did much better. Since then I was sold on it.

Also very good in Southern waters for the various jacks, mackerals and snappers.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.