NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just brought a lamiglas rod 11 1/2ft. rod an a crack 300 reel an now i am ready to sting some eels so what i need to know from you is what hooks do you use for rigging dead/live eels. i want to use the two hook system which is mouth and butt. i am looking for some advice...thanks but i wrote this also to get advice from tom.m or john.s or bill.w. if there on the board." i heard that 9/0 siwash hooks works great with decron line on them? help need imput!!! cat

·
Registered
843 Posts
cat;
a good book is serets of surf fishing at night
by william a. muller $11.95 from wavescrestcommunication.
there a chapter by al bentsen on how to rig a eel!
great book.buy it!!!

in long beach joe gullo of westend bait&tackle
make rig eels put your order in with him.check him out.

www.westendbait.com

good luck/ eddie

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi sandman, i passed through the west end b.t shop yesterday an spoke with joe about rigging eels. he showed me one of his already rigged eels which was great to see at site so now i have a good understanding on how to rig them an what hooks he uses with his eels. it's my duty to alawys give thanks for those who share their advice an willingness to help others. thanks sandman -joe w.e.b.t---and ---all others !!...cat

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
RIGGING EELS

Don't know about dead ones - heaven knows - only use live ones - better results.

From Shore:
Hook - 6.0 bait or octpus circle
18" leader clipped into a snap swivel
No Weight or sinker
Run hook through the lower jaw & out an eye socket - toss into the water & wait.

No need for 2 hooks unless you're trying to catch a blue with the eel which to me seems a waste of a good eel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.