NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many expos... so little time... :confused:

What would you say are the not-to-be-missed fishing expos this season? What are a waste of time? I've been to a few of the "Sportsmen" ones in the last few years and the Saltwater one in New Jersey last year.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I went to the one last year at Nassau Colisuem , I wont be making that mistake again. It was terrible , very dreary basement and alot of non-fishing booths.

There was a post last year on this show and alot of people didnt like it either.

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
As many as I can

I try to go to as many as possible. Not even for shopping, but to get out of the house for a few hours. I allways go to the Rockland show, usually pick up my freshwater stuff there, and it's a fun quick roadtrip.

I do the fleamarket on 110 and in Lindy and of coarse im going to the Noreast Saltwater fishing show in Brentwood and the NFSS seminar in babylon on the 19th.

The only one I will most likely not go to is the Nassau coliseum show unless I really need to get out, that's my least favorite show.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Last year I got to the Coliseum, then Willie Young's show at Farmingdale and the NY Sportfishing show in Freeport. I surely going to the last 2 again this year but the Coliseum is a maybe at best. I'll also be adding the Noreast show in ( I think???) March :)

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
I would say the nassau show is a bust. Between Parking and admission fee...where is the savings? I like the Freeport show and will attend for sure and the also the first annual NE show

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Expos/Seminars

The Nassau Coliseum show is a waste of time

NFSS Surf Fishing Seminar - Jan. 19th
Zeno Hromin @ Northport Rod & Reel - Jan. 20th
LI Recreational Fishing Expo at Farmingdale State College - Jan. 25 -27th
NY Sportfishing Show in Freeport - Feb 15th - 17th
Noreast Saltwater Fishing Show - March 29th - 30th

That's my .02 cents!

This post edited by walleyeman 08:39 AM 01/07/2008

·
Registered
757 Posts
walleyeman wrote:
The Nassau Coliseum show is a waste of time

NFSS Surf Fishing Seminar - Jan. 19th
Zeno Hromin @ Northport Rod & Reel - Jan. 20th
LI Recreational Fishing Expo at Farmingdale State College - Jan. 25 -27th
NY Sportfishing Show in Freeport - Feb 15th - 17th
Noreast Saltwater Fishing Show - March 29th - 30th

That's my .02 cents!

freeport was a joke take a ride all the way out there to see garbage rods and reels and over priced crap only thing good there was my 7' beachmaster that JnH gets made for the shop other then that if you live far away dont even bother!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mikeyreef wrote:
IF I TELL YOU WHAT SHOWS IM GOING TO IS THAT CONSIDERED SPOT BURNING
MIKEYREEF
No, but that's pretty f'in funny!!

Thanks for the replies.

I'd like to make the NFSS one on the 19th, but I may be stuck with the kids while wifey is out of town. Otherwise, I'll be checking out:
the LI Recreational Fishing Expo at SUNY Farmingdale on 01/25-27,
the Sportmen's one in Suffern on 02/28-03/02,
the Saltwater Expo in Somerset (great seminars last year), 03/14-16
and the NorEast Expo 03/29-30.

That ought to keep me sane for the rest of the winter. However, I remember the ridiculously warm weather we had last January. I was living in NYC at the time, so I went bass fishing in Central Park in a T-shirt. It was weird, but I caught fish - no weeds, either! ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
raritan show next week isn't great, Sommerset show is much better. But, great pickles (don't have to get on line on Essex), an excuse to get the troops out for some R & R, and a stop at BIG HAROLD'S on the way home. Make sure you split a sandwich with someone and beware; every thing you order will be too much. AHHHHHH.Pastrim & Brisket.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.