NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to build a rod for trolling wire line with parachutes and umbrellas. I would also consider trolling spoons with some practice. A friend told me that the grafite rods were brittle and to stick with the fiberglass. Anyone build a rod lately for trolling wire??? what blank did you use and how many guides?? Thanks.....Andy

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
Hi Andy.
Lamiglas BT1083M fiberglass blank with tip cut to #14 tip top. HNSG guides, 20-16-and 5 12's. Use a slick butt so butt slips out of rod holder easily.

This is a demo rod in the shop. Stop by to see it or test it.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cart Neil, Thanks for the info. This blank will have the action for bunker spoons???? Where are you located so that I can look at your demo rod??? Do you sell the blanks and supplies??
Thanks Andy

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
Hi Andy.

This is a classic bunkerspoon rod. It gives good sweep to inpart the swing motion to the spoon.

I don't stock these items but I can order them from my supplier.

I am in Sayville, NY. You can reach me in the shop at (631) 567-8048.

My web site, members.aol.com/captneilf/fishrods

PS Great porgy fishing at Orient today and some blacks at end of trip.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
Hi Andy.

Just reread your original msg.

The above described blank is for bunker spoons. It is longer and more flexible than an umbrella/parachute blank.

For the umbrella/parachute rod Ibuild on a Lamiglas BT 857S that is 7' long. The components are basically the same as used in the bunkerspoo rod.

I also have this rod as a demo.

Czpt Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.