NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
I would not bet on this game

The Giants will win if:

They go in with the same confidence thay had playing the PATS.

AND
Last weeks injuries don't hurt them (injured players may play)

AND OF COARSE

They have Eli hand the ball off to Jacobs alot.The Bucs have a very good ( rated #1) pass defense.

ALL they playoffs should be good games ( I hope)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I dont see the Jints losing to TB, no way no how. The Pats gane gave them a mental boost IMO and shown that if Eli can be protected from the blitz he will be effective. We just need Dallas to lose and we will have a decent shot at playin in the SB

·
Registered
912 Posts
Depends on which team shows up. The one that played the Pats on Saturday, or the one that gets stupid penalties and can't execute their plays. If the team that played Saturday shows up, the only team around that can beat them is the Pats.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Bucs are designed to win games 13-10. Thier Defense wins thier games, while thier Offense puts up just enough points to win. The key for The Giants comes down to establishing the run early. Last season, Jacobs ran all over The Bucs D, which, while better this year, is essentially the same core group. Once The Secondary begins creeping up, that will open up the passing game. Another very important aspect will be Special Teams. Coughlin finally realized RW McQuarters has no business returning kicks, and the combo of Ahmad Bradshaw and Domenik Hixon have really been great in the last few weeks, with each having a return TD. The field position game will be huge, and there will be a major advantage to starting from the 35 as opposed to the 20. My biggest worry is The Giant Secondary. The Bucs have a major deep threat in Joey Galloway, and a few blown coverages on deep balls could have a major impact on this game. Bottom line, G-Men get the win, but it could be real close.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'll be rooting for them,seeing as my team went a dismal 1-15 this year(hope the tuna cleans it up,and it started already)it will rest on how many picks eli throws

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Bluto has it right, except for

the score. G's will have success with the run. Very early, look for them to waste a down or two with deep passes, not so much to connect but to mislead the defense, a la Joe Namath against the vaunted Colts in '69 (what a classic game plan that was). With the run and these mix-em-up passes, the short game will open up. Have confidence in the "D" and in Coughlin; he's a very good football man. Final score G-Men 24, Bucs 13.

Then watch all **** break loose in Dallas - let's see what they're made of!

Enjoy the game.

This post edited by MickieBelle 08:12 AM 01/04/2008

·
Registered
942 Posts
The Giants should take this game hands down.With Osi and Mike rattling Garcia's head the way they did to McNabb against a bad Offensive line and Eli playing like he did on Sat. with the Pats this should be easy.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
MickieBelle on 01/04/2008 wrote:

Bluto has it right, except for

the score.
G's will have success with the run. Very early, look for them to waste a down or two with deep passes, not so much to connect but to mislead the defense, a la Joe Namath against the vaunted Colts in '69 (what a classic game plan that was). With the run and these mix-em-up passes, the short game will open up. Have confidence in the "D" and in Coughlin; he's a very good football man. Final score G-Men 24, Bucs 13.

Then watch all **** break loose in Dallas - let's see what they're made of!

Enjoy the game.
Pretty good call, MickieBelle.
:)
I hope you don?t mind if I monitor your predictions during the rest of the playoffs before I place any ?wagers? (gentleman?s bets, natch) with my friends. ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.