NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i will be getting one soon....3.2mm for summer...and 4.6 or 5mm for cold fall/spring days...regular stocking foot wading boots work well... rember they need to be wet to work..thats the only way to stay warm..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use a 4/3 in the spring to a 3/2 in the summer/early fall, then 7mm Subogear in the late fall/winter. Any surfer brand will do for the 4/3 and 3/2, just make sure it has knee pads.

Here is what I found: The 3/2 is great during the summer except if it gets breezy or if the water still has a little chill.

The 4/3 is my favorite suit except that I hated the shoulder entry. Buy a back zip up or chest zip. This would be my recommendation if you are looking for versatility. Throw a bronco or nrs in the winter and you are good.

The 7mm is good when the air is below 50 and the water is below 55-60 Best bet if you are going this heavy is to buy a size larger. These always shrink on me. I use this when I know I will be polling to a rock and I want some buoyancy. When they are new, I don't even get wet. This suits sucks to wear out of the water if you are walking, it is cumbersome, heavy, non-elastic, hard to walk in, hot, etc. When it is cold and windy, I still have to where a nrs on top. The suits are meant to be in the water not on rocks, if you get cold, jump in.

I was told the best suits for winter are the farmer johns with a top. Anybody have recommendations on this?

I use Cabelas Backcountry? Wading Boots w/felt or waltswlkers. I drive my own studs into the felt. I think the boots tend to get waterlogged after a while. They held up great, just a little heavy after a month of use. I just tried the nrs sock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.