NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
switching areas from raritan bay to li sound this year due to travel time from sullivan county. can anyone help me out with names/locations of marinas with rack storage somewhere between port chester and rye. phone numbers too if possible. thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
hi
the glen cove marina owned and run by joe weiser is as good as you'll find around.joe is as honest as the day is long and he's not looking to squeeze the last nickle out of you.he's in the process of upgrading the marina it has a gas dock and a restaurant which members get a discount to. he has a great mechanic in wes and overall its a great spot located off hempstead harbor and only a short hop to some of the best fishing on the western sound.as a matter of fact it cost me less here being at a dock than when i moored in oyster bay,and i've never had seagull droppings problems here. in oyster bay while on a mooring some days it was unbearable trying to overcome the smell and clearing all the bird droppings off the boat.that alone is worth the price of admission

·
Registered
290 Posts
The poor guy is from sullivan county and he wants info on marinas from P'chester to rye and you guys are giving him Glen Cove?
EDKIS- use your computer yellow pages to search for marinas near rye, p'chester and mamaroneck. It will give you quite a list.
DO NOT deal with Nichol's marina - crooks. They will toss you in a heartbeat if you don't spend enough and the next guy will.

·
Registered
186 Posts
HEY CAPT BILL.........THANKS FOR THE BODY SLAM i was only talking from personal experience and if the man didn't want to go that far all he would have to do is look elseware.
its not easy to find a large full service marina now a days where they are not looking to run you out as you say,and maybe just maybe a personal reccomendation is worth the extra car ride.
vinny f

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some good marinas in Mamaroneck Harbor are McMichaels, Total, and Nichols. All have rack storage. I used to be in McMichaels and service was very good. All three are on Rushmore Rd. which is off of Boston Post R.d.(rte.1) There is also a fine bait and tackle store around the corner named Mamaroneck Bait &Tackle. Very nice people.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Nichol's in Mamaroneck will give you rack storage for a year round price. I docked there for a few seasons. They were expensive but I found the service to be fine. Total Marine has a limited rack service and I docked there for a few years too, with good results. Everyone in Mamaroneck is very very expensive, so you might consider City Island which, if you are coming from Sullivan County, won't add too much to your already long trip. You'll probably pay about 1/2 the price and get much cheaper service and gas too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dock at Jacks Bait and tackle in City Island. He doesn't have full service but the acess to the tackle shop and the fishing are worth it. They have no racks storage but the slips are $55 a foot. I know that your looking for full service and rack storage but figured on giving you another option. I winter at Stelters Marina half a block away for $30 a foot. Like I said, just another option

thank you
Frank

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't mean to rain on your parade but your makking a big mistake going to the western sound!!! Fist you'll catch a fraction of what you're used to catching. There are no real sea bass catches(maybe a dozen a week), striped bass is a June/July thing and blue fishing is sporadic, fluke can be good and the best thing about the sound-Blacks, that's it. No tuna,shark,dolphin,albi's,bonita,mackeral,ling,cod,whiting,hake and the list goes on. You catch more stripers in one fall trip in Raritan than you'll catch in 3 seasons in the western sound. They get big $$ for a slip and you don't get much in return. You can get a slip directly across from the battery for 15 less per foot with concrete docks, 24 hr security,water pressure that will knock you down,electric,clean showers,with the best fall run of bass west of Mantauk and it's only a 20 min run to Flynn's Knoll. There's a bait station that has everything you could possibly need for in shore or off shore, all baits and I mean all and you can go there by boat.The drive time from the Tappan Zee bridge is 25 minutes. You want to talk traffic. Try getting home from Mamaroneck between 3pm and 7pm . I used to try to get to my boat by 6am and 2 or 3 times a month I would sit in traffic. NYS thruway, Taconic,84 and 9 all add up to big trouble. Hours of bumper to bumber at all different times of the day. Trust me on this one, I know. e-mail me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.