NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE BEEN FISHING RARITAN BAY FOR 20+ YEARS,AND WAS THINKING ABOUT A CHANGE OF PACE. I AM CONSIDERING KEEPING MY BOAT IN OR AROUND PORT CHESTER NY ON THE WESTERN SOUND. I KNOW THAT THERE IS STRUCTURE THAT HOLD BLACKFISH AND PORGIES. AND THAT THE STRIPER AND BLUEFISHING IS GOOD IN THOSE WATERS TOO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY DECENT FLUKE OR WEAKFISHING THAT IS REACHABLE FROM THE PORT CHESTER AREA? ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.. EDDIE ([email protected])

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eddie, I have been fishing out of Port Chester for years, and I don't think you will be disappointed there. There is great Blackfish, porgie, blue and bass fishing in the area. There are a few spots local for fluke, near the greenwich area, although we tend to go to bayville / matine**** for fluke and Weakfish.

Where are you keeping your boat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, it sounds pretty good. i was thinking maybe keeping it in the rack at ebb tide. really don't know the area too well. it is closer for me than raritan (sandy hook) as i live upstate in sullivan cty and fish every week. i'm hoping i can reach some fluke areas. i only know of ebb tide marina, if you have any other ideas could you let me know. thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
You won't be disappointed. If you want an idea of how the fluking is in the Western Sound, watch George Poveromo's World of Saltwater Fishing on ESPN2 in January. They taped in July or August this year and set aside two days to tape depending on how the fishing went. They filmed in one day and in only one location - the fishing was that good. I believe they had fish up to 8 lbs. I can attest to that since I had fish in the same spot up to 7 lbs this year in that spot (Hart's Island). There are lots of great spots for fluke from Matine**** to the Throggs Neck Bridge. You won't catch South Shore type numbers, but you will catch size. Here's a link to the show's website.

http://www.georgepoveromo.com/filmschedule.htm

MC

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
porgyman and commish, thanks guys i really appreciate the help.i have decided to give it a try next season.i'm going to buy some charts right away. thanks for the link to the espn show also. i can't wait til spring. hope to see you out there....eddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.