NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, im new here.. so i wanted to make a post.. i currently live in staten island, but will be closing on a house in northern westchester .. sooo my question is this.. how is the fishing up there.. ive fished saltwater most of my life including saltwater flyfishing for the past 11 years cutting my teeth with a few local experts out on the north fork of long island where i was able to enjoy the fishing. well ive gotten into freshwater these last few years and now that im moving up to the land of watersheds id like to know where to start.. plus are there smallies up here? trout? good panfishing?.. i love a warm summer evening fly fishing for monster bluegills or crappie.. how about the stripers on the hudson? anything good? i know i know this is alot of info.. but im so psyched to finally get out of the city ! i need to wet a line soon.. hope you folks can help.. again thanx!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live about a minute from Croton Falls Reservoir and have been up here for three years. I have fished and hunted in this area for over 20 years. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Most of my fishing is for trout (flyrod) in streams but I also like to flyfish the reservoirs. The ice fishing is also very good up here. I also like grouse and wood**** hunting; mostly wood****, not many grouse in Putnam anymore. There's lots to learn about this area; with some help you'll be able to save yourself years of exploring......

Good luck!

[email protected]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey this is for you guys Craig and killer...
yea ill be living right on the border westchester side in cortland? hmmm north of rt 6 by.. hmmmm mill st.? my house is actually 100 feet from the putnam border.. anyway yes i fly fish hunt all that good stuff.. and id be interested in wood**** hunting in the area, as well as archery for deer.. i can sense that theyre around! i hunt ducks as well.. wondering about ducking on the hudson? how is the private property scene? is permission possible for archery hunts in that area? well i cant wait to close on this house so i can start exploring this wonderful area..again thanx for any advice you can steer me to!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey grouse,
i'm not really into hunting much ne more..seems craig c is the guy to talk to,,when you get to know ppl in ur area,,just start askin',,to bow hunt,thats what most of my friends do<there are a-lot of people with deer problems<eating their shrubs etc.that would probably welcome you~!!as for fishing,,ne advice you need on the area<gimme a "holler" there are lakes around ur area>"lake peekskill"..... "lake oscawana".....among others..they seem to have a good supply of panfish,,bass,,etc....good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.