NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Wellcraft coastal 22' for Aquasport explorer 25'

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kirk12 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about trading in my 03 wellcraft coastal i/o for the 02 aquasport explorer 25 with 2 stroke 250 yamaha. I love the wellcraft but it's a bit on the small side especially with the i/o. I'm looking for more fishable space. Anyone have any imput on the saltwater series ox66 250 2 stroke (gas consumption, pro's con's...etc.) and any imput you have about aquasport. Thanks

This post edited by JUSTBASSIN 06:54 PM 05/11/2008

#2 ·
Do it.

A couple gallons of gas don't matter. Once you are out there and the money is spent, a good day of fishing is a good day of fishing. If you feel you want more room and more boat, trading up is the way to go. A 25 with an outboard is a lot more boat than just adding 2 feet to a 23 I/O. Good luck with the new boat.

#4 ·
I have the 250 Explorer as well. It is a 2003 with 225 Optimax. Nothing but good things to say. This boat has done everything I want, sometimes it ships some water but this could be due to running it in some less than desireable conditions. :)

For ****pit space it is second to NONE in my opinion. I have stepped off the ****pits on other makers 27-29 footers and found they did not have the space of this boat.

Best of luck with your deal!!

#6 ·
THANKS GUYS!!

Hopefully tomorrows sea trial and engine inspection goes well and it will be a done deal. The ****pit literally has double what I have now. Not to mention the gunnels are about 8" higher for those unperdicted conditions. I'm looking forward to putting some fish in the boat!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.