NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad you stopped by... my name's Jerry Vovcsko and I've been hoping for some time that we could have a Lure Building board here at Noreast. Mentioned it to George and he said, OK, so here we are. I'll be co-moderating with Gottafly(Jimmy Economon), a knowledgeable gent who builds his own plugs (as well as some nifty tools...like a power drill lathe, for example). I particularly like to fiddle with manufacturers' lures, changing hardware, bending wobble plates, repainting, etc.
Whatever your interest we hope you'll stop by often & post questions, comments, tips, ideas and...PHOTOS!...we really like those. :) Thanks for visiting.

Jerry Vovcsko
East Bridgewater, Ma

This message was edited by Jerryvov on 11-21-01 @ 12:01 PM

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
There was a thread recently about making your own bunkerspoons with west epoxy. Considering the cost of those things that would be a great winter project. Anyone ever done it & or have the plans ect.
Alan

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a thread recently about making your own bunkerspoons with west epoxy. Considering the cost of those things that would be a great winter project. Anyone ever done it & or have the plans ect.

Now that's an interesting idea...do you recall what forum that was on? I'll search around & see if I can find it & maybe somebody'll have some ideas about that in the meantime. Thanks for the post, scalawag.

Jerry Vovcsko
East Bridgewater, Ma

This message was edited by Jerryvov on 11-19-01 @ 7:40 PM

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's that west sytem, bunker spoon building link...that ought to work...gets me thinking about making some other spoons using that same principle...

bunker spoons

Jerry Vovcsko
East Bridgewater, Ma

This message was edited by Jerryvov on 11-19-01 @ 7:39 PM

·
Registered
742 Posts
Would anybody be interested in making a little $$ in repainting and repairing a bunch of wood plugs for me???I just dont have the time to do it. You have to know what your doing' and the finish has to be quality--thanks

Bill Wetzel NYS Licensed Guide

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zooted,
Have a look at the post I put up here under Plug Building Article...if you're just getting started the photos & instructions in that article might save you a lot of trial & error...although there's nothing wrong with T&E :)

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jerry, Nice forum you have here. I got my OTW mag. yesterday and the first thing I noticed was those articles on lure building.

Thanks, Bruce...yep, I enjoyed reading the plug-making stuff in OTW...hope they do more of that. Why don't you show them some of your stuff...I bet Gene B. would be real interested in seeing some of those needle plugs you're turning out...those are Art!

(Slipknot moderates a plug-building forum at Striper-Talk...check it out)

Slipknot's Plug Building Forum

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello all, My name is Jimmy Economon, co-moderating with Jerry Vovcsko. I live and fish Long Island,NY. I hope to provide you with as much information as I can. I make all types of tackle, rods, lures and flies. I will share as much as I can with you all. I will try to provide you with lots of photos as well. As Jerry stated above we really like photos. One last thing, attached is a photo of a lathe I made out of an old drill(posted below). I told Jerry I would post a schematic of the lathe for viewing, as soon as I get some time to draw it out. I will gladly post it, and help anyone who wants to build one like it.

See you all out there, Happy Thanksgiving.

always gottafly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.