NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased about 5 custom weight flys off Ebay. They look really cool but I'm not sure how I would rig them as a teaser on a spinning outfit. Would their weight mess up the action of the main lure or if both lures weight the same would it be ok? They weigh about 3/4 oz. each. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Tough call

When I use a teaser I target bass specifically, not bluefish. That said, it means I'm fishing at night. Night to me = swimming plugs/bombers. Woods will cast with a 3/4 teaser without too much trouble. The bomber on the other hand will be affected in action and casting distance.
I have an idea. Use those weighted teasers when tossing tins for blue in the day or heavy swimmers at night. Use heavy leader off a barrel swivel and have fun with double header action. Give me your address and I'll mail you some custom super light teasers. If your attending the seminar on the 19th I can get you some info on rigging other wise I'll mail that too. PM me an address.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.