NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,536 Posts
Taking down the Xmas tree!

We have been running to VT just about every weekend and we finally are taking a break. My tree drops needles when you look at it so tomorrow it finally comes down. I also have a couple of contractors coming over to give us some prices on the addition we are putting on. It's funny how they are calling me as opposed to last year when I couldn't even get them on the phone!? Have a good one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,000 Posts
Finishing building the laundry room. Not for the wife though.. somehow I do the laundry and still trying to figure that one out..


I may go to the Farmingdale show, really would love to hear Crazy Alberto speak


Football and Hockey (all-star break) withdrawals. My try for herring/mackeral if the weather cooperates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,014 Posts
CHEVY1 wrote:
crabman1130 wrote:
Camping.

Your going to freeze your but off.



Gaucho just fell off his chair and hurt his finger again.

I have camped in a tent in this weather many times. That's one of the great things about Scouting is learning how to do this right. I have a 0 degree sleeping bag with an additional liner in it. It keeps me toasty warm. I dress in layers and leave the cotton stuff home.

However this week I'm the Campmaster at the camp so I will be in a cabin.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
112,311 Posts
crabman1130 wrote:

However this week I'm the Campmaster at the camp so I will be in a cabin.

Camp Master Crabby
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,760 Posts
Saturday- looking for Big Freddie in Ocean City Maryland.
Sunday- looking for Big Freddie in Ocean City Maryland
Tog Tog Tog...CHEW CHEW CHEW....TOG TOG TOG...CHEW CHEW CHEW!

Eat it DAMMIT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,014 Posts
canyonfvr wrote:
crabman1130 wrote:

However this week I'm the Campmaster at the camp so I will be in a cabin.

Camp Master Crabby


It sounds better then it is. I check in troops and make sure that everything is OK in their campsite or cabin. I also inspect their sites and check them out when they leave. Also as the new guy on the team I get to cook dinner tonight. Manicotti, meatballs and sausages, salad and Italian bread. Nothing fancy, we are camping after all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,846 Posts
Working OT tomorrow

Sunday maybe hitting the Farmingdale show and Ikea cause i'm still looking for a piece of furniture to go under my Living room LCD.

Camp Master Crabby wrote:
I have camped in a tent in this weather many times. That's one of the great things about Scouting is learning how to do this right. I have a 0 degree sleeping bag with an additional liner in it. It keeps me toasty warm. I dress in layers and leave the cotton stuff home.

Yup it's no big deal. You would be surprized how warm those subzero bags are. I have hunted upstate and slept in tents with 2-3 feet of snow on the ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,164 Posts
crabman1130 wrote:
CHEVY1 wrote:
crabman1130 wrote:
Camping.

Your going to freeze your but off.



Gaucho just fell off his chair and hurt his finger again.

I have camped in a tent in this weather many times. That's one of the great things about Scouting is learning how to do this right. I have a 0 degree sleeping bag with an additional liner in it. It keeps me toasty warm. I dress in layers and leave the cotton stuff home.

However this week I'm the Campmaster at the camp so I will be in a cabin.


You guys are digging up some bad memories for me. I joined the Boy Scouts when I was 11 or 12. Our first campout was a below zero camping event that some sort of badge was awarded if you survived:confused::confused:

My father took me to Hermans ( remember that place) to buy a sleeping bag. He got me some cheap arse , on sale one and I froze my butt off the whole weekend:mad:. I still remember it like it was yesterday, shivering all night, feeling like I had to pee the whole time and not wanting to get out of what little warmth I had in the sleeping bag. My tentmate had the super duty, down filled mummy sleeping bag and was nice and warm. The ground was frozen solid, covered in 6 inches of snow, the wind was howling. It sucked.

Kinda soured me on the whole experience.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top