NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are you fishing for this upcomming weekend? the weather is looking good so I am gonna take advantage of it and go out mackrel fishing out of belmar tomorrow .Looking to fill the freezer w/ a bunch so I have chum and strip baits for the season .On sunday I have to drive over to brooken and pick up 2 bushels of white leggers for a black fish trip that we are taking on monday on the mimi out of pt. pleasant so I cant fish the am but might take a trip to a stream for some hold over trout in the afternoon .It is gonna be a long fish filled weekend I cant wait.tight lines

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
no fishing for me..

fished a few times this week but you seem to be more of a diehard then me
Good luck

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Lows in the lower 20s. West winds 10 to 20 mph.
[partlycloudy]
Sunday
Mostly sunny and brisk. Highs in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
[nt_sunny]
Sunday Night
Mostly clear. Lows around 10 above.
[sunny]
Martin Luther King Jr Day
Sunny. Highs in the upper 20s.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I enjoy fishing and try to fish 4 days a week in the spring ,in the last 2 weeks I have only been out one time so I have to make up for it ,I didnt pick up my boat as of yet so I am stuck fishing head boats and it is a little expensive so I am limmited this time of year

·
Registered
826 Posts
Headboats aint cheap that is for sure!!

I went out for a 6 hour trip out of point and it cost me 52 dollars to go ling fishing! iw as a good day with a few nice sized ling and some big eels but other than that it was alot of money.. I remember the old days when i was around 13 yrs old and started working on boats i worked with the White Star IV out of barnegat light and we used to do 12-14 hour Blackfish marathons and it would be 60 bucks!

That was a tremendous deal and we would go with like 15 guys!

What happened to those days.

If you heading out catfish let me know where i am in toms river nj and normally fish point or barnegat light but point are the only boats running and the ling fishing i pretty good!

Let me know.. this pic is from the last ling trip last saturday morning.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,102 Posts
Weekend Plans

Booked on the Superhawk offshore seabass trip which is leaving tonight
. Might hit my favorite Trout stream on monday and pick up some trout for the grill as well

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought sea bass trips were blown out this weekend ,my buddys had a trip out of cape may that was called off.I got a group off guys from another site that is hitting the mimi out of pt. on monday and we are hitting the belmar princess tommorow for macks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
catch me a packer

Hey guys, plans are big for the late afternoon trip. Temps supposed to be super cold. Planing on some pigs in the blanket in one hand and a Heinekin light in the other. Great plans to catch me a Green Bay Packer!

This post edited by 1ReelDeal 01:18 PM 01/18/2008

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fished yesterday on the mimi out of pt. pleasant and it was cold ,fishing was tough most on the boat had one keeper and high hook was 2 {black fish} ,pool fish was around 4-5 lbs. as far as the boat goes I gotta say the capt. worked his a*s off for us but the bite was just not there

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
now a days it is if you can find one that isnt crowded ,the boat we fished yesterday had 11 guys on it so we could work all over as we wanted to ,I was considering pulling my boat out early but I will stick to head boats till march .I was super impressed w/ the effert this capt. gave he took 11 guys and burned some fuel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.