NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang! I hope all of you had a Happy Holidays! Here are some walleye pics from our recent trip to Minnesota (the walleye capital of the world)! Check out the stomach contents of a 21.5 inch walleye. The fourth pic is brother-in-law Scott with a pair of nice eyes! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it can be incredibly cold when ice fishing in Minnesota. The coldest I fished in was minus 55 degrees. However, in each house you typically have propane heaters that make it comfortable.

Pablo, here are some pics from last year. The big one now has a satellite dish TV in it. People also stay out in it all weekend.

Last year we didn't have much snow. This year we had well over a foot of snow. We had great conditions for snow mobiling - the trails were perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We used vertical jigging rapalas (perch colored) and live shiners on the rattle wheel. Live shiners worked best. I just got a call that my nephew (11 yrs. old) fishing in the same fish house caught and released a 27 inch walleye at dusk - he was quite excited! :)

·
Registered
16,169 Posts
walleyeman wrote:
Here are three of my kids passing their ice fishing initiation test
Capt. Barb would be proud!

Oh no I bet next season there's going to be a new trend around here

Welcome to NE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.