NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two pairs of waders with holes in them, one neopream and one is a pair of Red Balls. I've tried all the patches and solvents but Inever seam to get it right. Does any one know of any tackle shop that repairs waders? Thank you!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I need help too.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but since we're on the subject, maybe someone out there can tell me where to pick up one of the grommets that hold the suspenders to the waders. My one year old pair of Redballs popped a grommet and I can't seem to buy one. Need something rustproof and hopefully one that screws together. Anyone know where to get it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Leaks - I've done countless repairs and never had a problem with the adhesive. However, some leaks, especially along the seam, can be difficult to find. A small flashlight held inside the wader, will reveal almost any hole. Sometimes, despite a best effort, I can't find the source of the leak, in which case I'll retire the wader from submersion (wading) to jetty fishing. This fits my style of fishing, and I do this for both light (R.B.) and heavy weights (prenes).

Groments - I've made up replacments with s.s. washers, nuts/bolts, etc., from my local hardware store. They work, look almost identical to the original, plus the fish don't seem to mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.