NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been recieving e-mail infected with viruses, around 30 today from people that use this site, so more than likely someones address book got compromised.

UPDATE YOUR VIRUS DEFINITIONS!!!!

I update mine every day, cause I know it stinks to get one.

This post is just to let people know.

Matt

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
I think I got the problem taken care of

Hi Matt,

I think I finally got the problem licked after six hours and three complete virus scans. It was the W32.Klez virus and I used the tool available at symatec to get rid of it. Then I installed the McAfree virus protection system, and scanned my computer a third time.

The virus infects Outlook Express users and uses many subject titles. I have received it over six times in the last hour. When I got it it began sending out to everyone in my address book and said it was coming from someone else either in my address book or one of the other folders, including my trash. I haven't received anymore bounced back emails and McAfee says all 98,000 files are clean.

So I apologize to all that may have been hit with it.

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am no computer scientist but I would like to pass on what I was told.After several people recieved an e-mail complete with virus targeting address books,(quickest way to spread) only those who downloaded the e-mail w/ attachhments(outlook Express) were affected. Those who use outside servers such as Yahoo,hotmail etc. weren't because the mail is opened on the servers computer and all attachments are scanned automatically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.