NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed the Viking fleet has added a new cod trip to their 2002 sched.to New Bedford does anyone out there know anything about these trips where are they fishing , any good? also are any of the other montauk boats worth trying for cod now I hate to drive all the way out there to take an expensive and cold boat ride thanks.

· Registered
126 Posts
King Wayne went out one time this year. Ran into Wayne this weekend. " a few cod "..tons of dogs. Water temperature according to Wayne was 44.6.

This weekend he went out once on Superbowl Sunday with a charter.

This is the extent of Montauk fishing this year so far.

They are bailing the fish over the side up at Stellewagen bank, knew a few who went out. 240 cod 6 to 12lbs.

Mabey Montauk will have similar fishing this Spring?? Does anyone know why we would, or would not?

· Registered
12,251 Posts
I went codfishing with a party baot named American Classic in Lynn, MA yesterday(02/03) and caught 17 keeper cod on jig. A guy from NY caught a 52 lbs cod on jig. It is the first time I saw anybody catch over 50 lbs on top of the Stellwagen Bank in 20 years. Surprisingly there was not many throwback ( I had only 3 throwback for whole trip). It is not bad for $50. The website for the boat. is www.walshsfishing.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.