NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fished the last couple of years using downriggers (a lot of work) and then using trolling weights to get my rigs to deeper water. I am not ready to go to steel line or lead line because I enjoy the "fight" using mono. I was recently given a Drone Planer to try, but am not sure exactly how to use it. I am not sure if I secure it to the boat, or simply put it on the line. Any thoughts or ideas where I could get instructions on using it properly would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The smaller planers can be used directly on your line. I use about a 15' leader from the planer to the lure. The larger planers should be rigged with a release clip and heavy mono or cord and cleated to the boat. I have various lengths of 400lb mono that I interchange depending on the depth I want. I have heard that cord is easier to manage than the mono. I will try cord this year because the longer lengths of mono tangle easily.
Tight lines, Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.