NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey capt, need info on graphite rod for surf and bay fishing. 1/2 oz to 3 oz. im 5.5 tall. using penn power graph4000, 15 lbs test mono.any info or sugestions helpful.9ft to 101/2ft.?

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
oldman

Hi,

Here are a few Lamiglas options. These are factory made rods.

XS 91 MHC (conventional reel) 1-3 oz 14-20 # test line

XS 91 MHS (spin reel) 1-3 oz 14-20 3 test line

Both are 9' and 1 piece. They also come in 2 piece.

XSRA 1083 9' 1 piece 3/8-21/4 oz 12-17 3 test line

I don't have the latest St Croix catalog but they should have nice rods in your ranges.

Stop in your local tackle shops and ask if they carry these companies rods.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi again capt.would the recomendation be the same on a custom rod.i dont like factory rods at all.for some reason i dont like the reelseats. how about the lamis gsb1201-l ?

{brains of a caveman}

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
oldman

Hi,

The GSB 120 1L is rated at 30 # test line and 2-6 oz lures.

If you don't mind a 9' stick, the GSB 108 1M is rated 30 # test and 1-3 oz lures.

A Ron Arra Surf Series blank XRA 120 4, 10', rated 12-20 # test line and 7/8 to 2 2 1/2 oz lures is a more expensive option. A very good option.

Many times surf casters like the 10'er on the surf side and a 9'er on the bay side. Do you fish more in either area or about equal?

The best about a custom is I measure you to fit where the reel seat goes. We set up the rod for that reel. You can select from several types of butt grips/fore grips. If a spin rod we go to the local ball park to test cast while I set up the stripper guide to provide maximum casting distance.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi capt, i hope im not rocking the boat, im one who ask a lot of questions.im doing research now on the blanks you recomended,i like to have options.as the reelseat maybe i should have said i dont like a fixed reelseat.if measured from arm pit to fore finger, it is " how shall i say it" is cumbersome?i usually tape my reelseat on.i plan on going to tackle shop and try to handle these rods.and feel it.no jokes pease.the one i would get fist is the beach rod cause thats what i do mostly.i like all rods to be 1 piece, and lightwieght.i dont care on looks i just like the most bang for my bucks $$.this is strictly spinning .thanks again and i hope im not being a pain in the butt.dennis.

{brains of a caveman}

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
oldman,

Never a problem. I hear where you are coming from. The whole idea of a custom rod (built by you or another builder) is to get it "YOUR WAY".

I was going to suggest you stop by and ceiling poke/swing the models I have but I see it would be quite a ride.

Keep looking and yoou will find what you are looking for. Unfortunately I don't know any builders in your area to ferer you to.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks capt i really apreciate the info, youve been very helpful.ill post when i find what im looking for.again thanks. dennis

{brains of a caveman}

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.