NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
,,,i feel obligated to write on the behalf of bassbarbie...unfortunately,,,she cannot do so herself, as she was booted from the site! for what, she has no idea. her posts were in no way offensive,,,nor do i ever recall her using nasty or foul language as some are claiming. she is quite upset as she really enjoyed the site and stated that she had made some great friends..as a matter of fact her and i were planning on going to the surf fishing expo this week,,,if you have any feelings,,please share,,,thank you
jodi

·
Registered
266 Posts
Striperchick I totally agree with you. Bassbabie never used any foul language on any of her posts and was only asking for some help. She actually stopped some of the posters from using foul language on there posts. And she gets banned for that? She should have gotten a "Thank you". She never should have been banned from the site and should be reinstated.
I hope your reading this George. Let BASSBABIE back on.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 1-19-02 @ 12:40 AM

·
Registered
831 Posts
Someone apparently still thinks neither of you are "for real". See the thread titled "Is George on Vacation?".

Barbie has some links to other sites from both myself and Jameson. And I'm pretty sure both of us mentioned the same places.

I hope George re-thinks this one, too.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Hello All!

I started this website in 1996 when there were about twenty visitors weekly, and most if not all were considerate of others at this site, as well as just about anywhere you would go on the net. Now, a new visitor joins our discussion board and all **** breaks loose, simply because she?s a girl.

There have been plenty of times in recent years when I?ve had to wonder what some of our users are thinking, but this one really takes the cake. Admiringly it?s winter and cabin fever is setting in, but please folk?s can we get past this so I can get onto to other things that need to be done on this site, and not have to waste my time baby sitting some of these embarrassing threads!

We are a fishing site and whether you want to believe it or not, women like to fish also. So please guys, and girls, lets grow up and move on or I will have no choice but to begin banning users, something I really don?t like doing.

And I never banned bassbabie; she must have been having difficulty logging in, which obviously is no longer the case.

So please enjoy our website and all that it has to offer, but at the same time please be considerate of others here at noreast.com.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Thanks George, now maybe we can use the long winter to learn something from each other on this board instead of playing childish games.
12 more weeks 'till they are back !

Striper77

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Initally, I felt that a little controversy kept things interesting, moving along. But after looking deeper into the whole picture, I agree that the post's should tuned down, an action that I have demonstrated by editing my posts. Some of my posts, were left alone to preserve the thread, because some of the posts that responded after me would not have made sense any more.

I think that I posed without consideration for children who look at the site, and if I have offended anyone it was not intentional, and I am sorry.

Matt

·
Registered
59 Posts
Striperchick,

Where and when is that surf fishing expo you mentioned? I thought it was in February.

I'm really glad to see some sanity returned to this site. If I didn't say it before, welcome to the area and the site.

George,

Thanks for your efforts and forputting up with those guys. I was really worried you might shut the site down. Keep doing what you're doing.

AtomAnt

AtomAnt

·
Registered
266 Posts
ATOMANT its going on now at the Nassau Coliseum.
Heres a link to the site:
WWW.COLISEUMEXPO.COM

It's not really a great show cause theres also a lot of hunting stiuff there to. If your into hunting then the show is great. There will be some "FREE" fishing seminars coming up in the next 2-3 months. Including surf seminars. Just keep your eyes and ears open for them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi George and thankyou, I also thank all the nice guys who are on here.. Mike P and Matty have been really great, thanks to you also flyrodder, I will continue to enojy this sight, as i have in the last year. i only signed up about 1 week ago to start posting questions, if in the future I ask you guys some questions, please don't think im dumb... lol as i really am a newbie to all of this, thanks again BARBIE:)

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
FLYRODDER,

The show was pretty poor for us hunters as well. Not enough gear, deals or the main problem for both the fishing and hunting, NOT ENOUGH MANUFACTURERS!

·
Registered
266 Posts
doughboy I'm not surprised to hear that from that show. The Nassau County Show has never been that good. Thats why I don't bother going there anymore. The show upstate I believe its held in Rockland County is a much bigger and better show. A lot more manufacturers at that show a lot more deals to be had.

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
I drag myself to the Rockland Show every year and usually feel the same way about it as the Nassau Show. Not enough manufacturers and too many guide services. I am usually looking for hunting gear. This year will be different because I got into surf fishing a lot more this year and I've got some lures and rod/reel outfits I am looking to buy. The fishing manufacturers always make a better showing at that show than the hunting manufacturers. Up until two years ago, I just sponged all my gear off of my father. Now, I am getting all of my own gear, finally got a good job out of college, including a 2002 Silverado. Now dad is eyeing that up as his own beach buggy. Turnabout is fair play.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I dunno---I found some 1-5/8 oz Gibbs darters for $5. I guess none of you like the "parrot" color scheme---and I have NO idea where I'd ever use those things ;) So----regular price $11.99 apiece, I get 4 for $20. Even deducting the $10 admission and the $6 parking, I still come out ahead.

Got to meet and chat with both Charles Witek and Bill Wetzel---the snow scared a lot of folks off tonight, so all the exhibitors had plenty of time to yak it up.

Bill's other seminar is now scheduled for 3 PM tomorrow, not 2. He also has a "prime" location for his booth---directly across from a booth selling turkey calls. :)

This message was edited by Mike P on 1-19-02 @ 10:35 PM

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I give Barbie a lot of credit. She put up with a lot of unnecessary stuff was not dissuaded and remained determined and enthusiastic without counter attacking or getting huffy and throwing a hissy fit. Oddly, Barbie and I are in the same boat :). I'm a "neubie" to surf casting and I have already learned much from what she has gleaned out of those that have been man enough to enlighten both of us. To you guys, THANKS! To the others, grow up. Maybe the next time you go to the bait shop you can pick up a few pounds of security. She put up with the flack and through her perseverance, I gained much from it. I'm looking forward to my new adventure on the surf. Judging Barbie from her mettle, I'd look forward to casting along side of her.

Richard

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Are you the new moderator shebeen? My post had content and a thanks to those that have given me some valuable information. Yes, it did touch upon what Barbie had to go through in order for me to get that info, but what's it to you?

Richard

This message was edited by NightCaster on 1-22-02 @ 8:33 PM

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.