NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying an undrwater TV camera.
I am looking at the AQUA VU.has anyone hat any experiance with this.They have 4 diffirent models to choose from.I fish mostly in the western sound area around city island.Anyone that can advise me will be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
joe.l,

I heard from a outdoors place that sells them that they aren't so good. you can only see at best about 1' from the camera. Before you buy you should test drive one to see if it fits your needs. Maybe someone else has better info who owns one.

probably pretty good for checking out moorings or piers or other structure without getting wet.

Capt. Marc

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the MC2X-120 version for almost a month now and absolutely love it! I have used it in the depths of the Ct river and the sound. The clarity and distance is awesome. They advertise that no mater what the conditions, the camera will see 2.5 times the human eye. For clips that I have taken and put on my web site got to www.fishingct.50megs.com

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Water Wolf - checked out the video's, impressive. Are the water temps really 39-40 deg F ? How do the shots look in warmer (cloudier?) water. Just curious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The clips of the cats was taken in the Connecticut river in 66 feet of water. The lobster pot was at Bartlett's reef in 60'...The difference in water clarity is amazing. Yes, that is the actual water temp, they have a newer one out that for an extra $50 it will give you a compass heading too. When the water gets cloudier it becomes alittle harder to see because you are forced to turn the light on and then it illuminates whatever particles happen to be floating by....Notice the difference between the cats and shots from the sound?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally have scuba dived in the western Long Island Sound and have found the visibility 1-2ft.There are plenty of particles floating in the water.I don't see how a camera can penetrate actual substance and on top of that you suggest amplifying the lens with a light.This will reduce your visibility to less than 1ft.the light will just reflect off these particles.City Island is not a known place for it's water clarity.I suggest you save your money on buying a camera for use in this area. Marco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.