NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys watch the UFC fights on Sat. night? Finally, the long awaited fight between Chuck Lidell and Vanderlei Silva took place. What a slugfest!!! These guys were both throwing and eating bombs! Chuck even displayed a couple of wrestling takedowns and a spinning backfist, which was out of character for him. Chuck won and seemed to be the more accurate striker. The GSP/ Hughs fight was a good one too. GSP once again displayed his superior skills and submitted matt in the 2nd round. Even though he won the welterweight interim belt, he said he wont wear it until he beats Matt Serra.
Another good fight on the card was melvin guillard and rich clementi- there was a lot of bad blood between the two but rich came out on top. Ha, guillard didnt want the fight to end though, as he pushed the ref to go after clementi after the fight was over. In my opinion, it was the best ufc of 07!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Its only a matter of time before GSP beats the crap out of Serra.IMO Serra is not all that tough. He got lucky beating GSP. I didnt see the Liddel vs Silva fight but i heard liddel took some shots and came back, something he improved on i guess. I would really like to see someone beat Anderson Silva, that guys needs a beating

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anderson Silva is going to have more than his hands full when he fights dan hendersen.( i think in march?? ) dan is dropping from light heavy weight to middleweight to fight. If you remember, dan was vanderlei silva's last opponent, and dan knocked silva out. dan was the middleweight champ in pride. never been knocked out, great wrestler, knockout power in his hands and an overall smart fighter.....will be another great fight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.