NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, the surf fishing in the U.K. is great. Can you imagine catching COD(that's right) in the surf? YOWZA, I hadn't done that in 40 years. There catching Whiting too.
Lot's of places to fish all around the U.K. They fish the surf using 12 + foot surf rods. The terminal tackle they use is also different.
I'm going there on the 24th of the month thru the 28th. I know these surf Cod won't be big, but, what the hey.....A Cod in the surf is still a lot of fun. Brings back fond memories of getting them in the surf in R.I. Does anyone else remember what it was like to catch Cod in the surf, or am I the only oldster still around?
Keep your feet dry and catch 'em up.
Joe B. ...aka...Ancient Mariner

www.ancientmarinertackle.com

Keep your feet dry and
catch 'em up.
Joseph Bielawski

· Registered
291 Posts
Do you know anything about Penns surfmaster reels?
You can only get them in the U.K. from what I hear.The reels I'm talking about are the
Surfmaster 460 & 470.
They are fixed spool reels.
Do you have any info on these reels?

IBEW local 1049

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI All:
The 460 and 470 are EXPENSIVE in the U.K.
When I get over there, I'll call a supply guy and see what he gets for them. They are popular items.
I get some of my best plastic squid bodies over there that I cannot get here. I was told that
some of the importers over hear have their hands tied up on what they can get. MMMMMMMM, we'll see.
It's good to be beack online again. I had both hands wacked on by the butcher shop(hospital)
and it took a long time to get them working again.
Can't wait to hit the suds again.
Speaking of surf fishing,There is an ABUNDANCE of prisoners(bass) in the surf from Deleware on down. They are getting them in the cbbt (bridge/tunnel) area on Chesapeake too.
The MID-ATLANTIC Fisherman mag. has info on that fishing. I wish the NOREAST could cover that area too.
Thanks to all for allowing me to JAW at you again.
Joe B....aka...Ancient Mariner

Keep your feet dry and
catch 'em up.
Joseph Bielawski

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.