NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello sharpies,

Would appreciate info on types of fish I can expect from shore fishing in the western sound or east river (Flushing Bay, Little Neck Bay, Hells Gate) from now until December. I fish from the queens side.

Blues, Stripers I'm expecting but what about Blackfish, winter flounders etc? Many thanks to you "old hands" for your experiences.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You can expect a few blackfish and bergals around the Whitestone and Throgs Neck Bridges. Flounder can be caught from the Fort Totton Jetties. As well as Turtle Cove. White perch are a winter fish. As are tommy cod. Both can be caught in the Hudson. Good luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Rare, I hit rooselvelt Island and had a big blue thats all ive seen. Have you ever been to the Whitestone? I forgot how to get there, i know it was 29 or 39th on the Grand Central, if you have directions please provide.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Surfcaster,

just the info I was looking for. You guys I've only fished the Whitestone once and a friend was driving so I couldn't tell you how to get there. As for the Throggs Neck bridge, I usually go either by the jetty right at FT. Totten, or more often on the little cove to the left side of the bridge on the Queens side. I have caught Blues and smaller bass there.

Also I've had luck at the College Point pier. I don't know if that's the real name. It's at 127th st and 6th ave in College Point Queens. There's a water treatment plan or something there and a concrete pier that extends way into the water not far from the Whitestone bridge. I take my 3.5 year old son there for Blues and have caught a couple stripers recently. For blues I've used either Kastmasters, bunker or spearing. Stripers came on clams.

Steve20 did you catch your recent striper on the east river behind Cosco or the other side of the cove across from Roosevelt Island? What were you using. I'm going to head up to Hells Gate this week with some Sluggo's and hope to catch a cow or 2.

good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.