NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY ALL YOU BASS MAVENS, EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE. SALTWATER GUY HERE. DO I HAVE A SHOT OF ANYTHING AT THE TWIN LAKES THIS TIME OF YEAR. TROUT BASS PANFISH? DEDICATED ARTIFICIAL THROWER, WHAT SHOULD I BE USING. THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well one advantage freshwater anglers have over our saltwater bretheren is that landlocked species can't migrate.
So the same fish that were there in July are still there in January. As far as artificals. I have had luck with trout and pickerel using a small gold Phoebe. Note the trout are concentrated in the North Twin Lake. The South Lake is a better pickerel producer. On the bass front I like small spinners with good sonic vibrations like the Blue Fox style.
Good Luck

·
Registered
158 Posts
A small white grub on a weightless hook, little phoebes, and small spinners is the way to go. In the colder months you have to downsize and you will connect. Also remember to fish the northern most areas as they tend to get more sunlight which equals warmer water and more active fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.