NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a tiagra 50. My question is that i need a rod for it. Do i need all rollers? or just the stripper and the tip? It will be rarely used for bait fishing for tuna as i jig most of the time but i need a rod for the reel. I am only 5'8" so i am in the middle between a 6" and a 5'6"?

all input is appreciated

This post edited by bottombouncer 06:04 PM 12/26/2007

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
bb

Hi,

When it comes to rollers I ask the customer how he takes care of his rods at the end of the day. If I like what he does I will offer all rollers. If I don't like his clean up strategy I will offer ring guides.

I feel that Fuji Silicon Carbide guides work.

CN

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
jigging rods

What's your price range? A 50 is a little big for jigging but to each his own. A calstar grafighter like a 700h is nice, but you can look at seekers as well. For a cheap off the rack seeker, amybe the east coast BA50-7. there are others like GUSA but i don't think they make produciton rods, just blanks. For jigging though you're not gonna want any rollers at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.