NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
It attracks both....

I have used it and have had success just have not been using it as much....

I think it triggers all fish in the area.. try it and you will like it.. some guys hull mount it i love to stick it in the water over the side! in the way sometime but i think it works.. plus the mako magnet works awesome too!

That has made me a definate believer!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was going to buy one and asked numerous poeple online and at the docks. What I was told it's a waste of money and does not work. I heard that numerous times so I did not purchase one. If you buy it PM me or post to this topic with any results positive or negative. Thanks

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Buzzard11 wrote:
I was going to buy one and asked numerous poeple online and at the docks. What I was told it's a waste of money and does not work. I heard that numerous times so I did not purchase one. If you buy it PM me or post to this topic with any results positive or negative. Thanks

I've tried it and had the same results. Buzz, How's the new boat treating you?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's 2-1 on the negatives, i don't like the mako magnet, but my friend uses it sharking every time. i've caught tuna with out it, so i guess i'll save my $200 on the group buy and have one less thing on the deck.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Just so you know I was refering to the TM not the MM. I have seen the MM work many times, weather or not it attracts sharks from far away or not I can't tell you BUT they definatly love it when they get boat side.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
FYI

With the price of fuel and everything else that we spend and do I will not shark fish without it! For Tuna I am not quite sure. However a few years back with the MM, we jigged tuna all day under the boat.
I do not believe that our shark slick held the tuna, as the drift was stiff and under the boat was only the plus of the MM.
Once we pulled out the MM the Tuna bite was over. I leave you with that though.
I am giving you my personnel knowledge with no agenda from the company.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Tuna,
Do you have your MM mounted to the inside of your hull or do you hang it overboard? I ask because I would like to get one but don't want something else hanging over the side and I am not sure where I could mount it in the hull without going through the core. So does it work through a cored hull?

·
Registered
848 Posts
i prefer the sound of the generator thats my mako magnet.

I have used the mako magnet before i wasn't very impressed with it i have produced sharks without it many times and have produced sharks with it before. I am sure it does something but doesn't have that big of a effect on them.

I have found that boats with swim plat forms create tons of commotion and a sound that attracts sharks to the boat for some reason. The swim plat forum dipping in and out of the water creates tons of white water and noise and attracts many Makos/ threshers.

just my opinion.

Blake Conlin
tightlinzzzzzzzzz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.