NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is John and I am new to Tuna fishing. I got a penn 50 tw international reel paired up with a custom rod off of ebay so my equipment is set. However this year I will be going off to college for the first time in late August. So I was wondering if anyone knew of party boats sailing for Tuna during June or July. Thanks again. John

·
Registered
483 Posts
The earliest I know of is the Deep Adventures 3; check them out on the web. They're running trips starting 7/10.

They sail out of Belmar; never been on the boat, so I'm not sure how they're set up. I do have one friend that speaks highly of their captain, John Larsen (BTW, there's another John Larsen that runs the Miss Barnegat Light). Might be tempted myself if they're running trips that early, but I've got a 5-day LR trip in SD mid-July.

·
Registered
555 Posts
typically, june/july are early for canyon party boat tuna. most party boat tuna are caught on the chunk. the chunk bite doesnt really get going until later july/august. however, last year there was a july bite on the night chunk. pretty unusual. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.