NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Tube & worm set up with an artificial sea worm?? I had a package of them once (Berkley?), but .... who knows where they are now? Never used them. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rogerpc

Wed. night we had a meeting at the
cape cod salties . The program was t & w.
I asked the man about your ? and he said
1% yes & 99% no. He's been chartering for
over 30yr's and this is what he does the
most of-tube & worm. HE told me he has tried
it and it don't work for ****.

G

·
I have tried the artificial sea worm with the tube & worm & they do work, tho not nearly as well as the real things......
A master tube & wormer once told me that the secret to the rig is that the large tube is just a CONVEYANCE to presenting the worm at the end, the worm is what gets them to strike & that should be as tasty & real as possible.
Real worms emit scents no plastic ever could , even scented plastics.

Maury "Raven"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've tried this one day when the fish bite was on. Almost everyother time over this one area I was catching a bass (very unusual for me). So I thought it would be the perfect time to try the power worm out. It was a brand new package with fresh scent. The bite came to a standstill when I used the power worm then I went back to the real thing and it picked right back up again. So although the power worm theory is good it does not work at least it didn't for me that day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've tried this one day when the fish bite was on. Almost everyother time over this one area I was catching a bass (very unusual for me). So I thought it would be the perfect time to try the power worm out. It was a brand new package with fresh scent. The bite came to a standstill when I used the power worm then I went back to the real thing and it picked right back up again. So although the power worm theory is good it does not work at least it didn't for me that day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
THE man also told me alittle
trick.

He puts his tube's to bed with
the worm's the night before.

HE say's the smell get's sucked
up in the laytex.

HE is a big fan of laytex and
not rubber.

I will post his how-to t & w
in a little bit.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR POWER WORMS YET. YOU CAN FISH THEM ON AT 3/4 QUATER OZ LEADHEAD AND THEY WORK GREAT FOR BASS. FISH THEM AROUND ROCKY POINTS AND JUST SLOWLY BOUNCE THEM OFF THE BOTTOM AND YOU WILL DO FINE. DON'T BE SURPRISED IF A WEAKFISH GRABS IT EITHER. GOOD LUCK TO ALL......

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have also tried them when the bite is on and had no luck. I would really be interested in seeing the tips on Latex Versus Rubber etc... Does anyone no where you can buy the 1/2ID latex in colors for making your own tubes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have only tried the tube and worm once off of Block Island during a slow bite and did ok. The Capt. had us bait with Power WOrms but I think the real sandworms would do better. Last year though I saw a guy on a party boat using a power worm and a real one on the same hook for weekfish. Says that if the real onegets robbed the rubber one is still there as an attractant. I figure it could be done the same on the tube and worm.

thank you
Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.