NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Finally!! An offshore page. great job.
Anyway. In the Hudson Canyon, We usually employ 7 lines. Two flat lines from the transom, two rods off the outrigger on second wake, 2 off the outrigger on the third-fourth wake and one from the bridge long. How does this match up with your guys spreads? We also use two plastic squid daisy chains off clips about 15-20 feet off the stern. We pull Ballyhoo dressed in blue/white, red/white and green/white Islander skirts..We find these produce well, esp. the bl/wht. combo. What about u guys.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Wireman,
I use that same 7 rod spread on the inshore grounds.(20-40 miles off) The only difference is that I fished two rods off each rigger.Most of my luck has been on zuchini clones,purple/black jets,green/yellow zukers and natural wood cedar plugs.I've had fish on other colors, but they have worked best for me.I also ran the small 4" bird chains in front of the lures on the riggers.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
We troll eight to ten rods, depending on how many crew we have on board. Two flat lines on the third wave back and another on the fourth wave. all various color zuckers. Inner riggers on the sixth wave with small jet heads or tuna clones. Outer riggers on the seventh wave back. Small jet heads fished behind birds. Ceneter rigger on the eighth wave with a custom plug behind a bird. If we add more rods they go down the center and everthing gets dropped back a wave or two.

===MakoMike===

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys, I am new to the offshore fishing, with just 2 years of expierence. I am looking to do more trolling this season with outriggers. Can anyone help me out with the mounting process. Basically I am looking for the propper angle (if there is one), to mount the holders.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the response. I guess i should have given more info. Well its a 30 columbia flybridge I'll attach a picture. 10' 8" beam This also leads me to a second question. I have a chance to buy a used pair of Lees SR. Non wishbone style. Im not really sure what you call this system. The have three mounting points. One one the bottom of the pole holder and two other mounting poles. I've seen them on the 31 bertram quite often. The problem is the are very long 26' I think. So should i go for these even though they are possibly too long. The thing is they are only 200$ and in great shape, with double spreader bars. Can they damage the boat effect the ride or performance.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Emb,
If I were you I'd jump on those lee Srs. Its a great deal. I run a 30 footer with 22ft riggers I don't think the extra 4 ft of aluminum tube is going to hurt anything. If you do get them and want info about mounting them call Lee in Miami, they are very helpful.

===MakoMike===

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.