NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hello Chris,
I?ve seen pre-made umbrella (shad) rigs on the market but I am not sure how you would rig them? As for the jig head and the plastic bodies ? I generally use crazy glue and it really works!

One thing you should also know when using umbrella rigs? You may want to use wireline to keep it close to the bottom. ;)

Tight lines!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Chris,
To answer your second question - Right now depending where you are fishing, there are herring around and the best matching color is the blueback plastics.

As per your mixing color question, I would do it on the first few runs to figure out what the hot color of the day is. Once you do, I would change it all to the same color.

Also- the general color rule goes... Bright days use bright colors - Dark use dark colors.

Hope this helps.

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Chris,

No problem, it's my pleasure.

BTW: Lately there are lots of gannets reporting West of Montauk beaches heading your direction... If you spot them, you may want to troll around those big birds (big fish). Also work the 20-40 ft. line because that's the latest big fish migration path!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.