NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased a Carolina Skiff v1965. The boat will be used primarily for flyfishing & light spin in the back bays. I'm now in the process of researching trolling motors.

First off, I'm pretty sure it will be a great thing to have, but am not 100% sure. I've heard that it can get in the way & tangle your flyline. Does anyone find this to be a problem?

The motor that I'm considering is the Motorguide Great White - 24 volt/67 lbs. thrust/50" shaft. I think I would get the unit w/ the remote(wireless) footpedal. Is anyone familiar w/ this feature? Is it useful or more of a hassle?

I have heard some good things about the MinnKota Riptide. I spoke to a person who reps. both & he said that the MinnKota's come in for repairs much less frequently. He spoke highly of the Riptide's autopilot feature. Anyone own one?

Also, any advice on battery/charger placement would be helpful.

Any & all input from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vin

·
Registered
135 Posts
I flyrod the backbays with a 20 ft mako rigged with a trolling moter on my engine it works great and does not foul my flyline the name is navigator batery is called trolling thunder from Basspro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.