NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my wife brought me outriggers for my birthday, I guess She wants to do some real fishing. I'll be going out of LE inlet in NJ, and, I need some advise,technics on how to!! Speed,teasers,lures,etc.
A 22' boat, and I'll probably will go to approx 90' of water 12 / 15 miles off. Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi :
O/rigger placement is important. Where you place them on your boat will give your lures action, so go to a qualified person who knows your boat and ask him where to put them. F/glass will give different action than stiffer aluminum.
Different lures for different fish demand differnt placement in your lure spread. Lure size is also important. Specie size also enters into it.
Don't get down. Theres a lot to learn and the fun in learning it is great. Find a fisherman who knows your area and know how to fish. I'm sure he would be willing to share his knowledge with you.
So ask around your marina .
You might want to go out with a charter captain for a day on the inshore grounds. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Any decent captain will share info with you. The mate is also a great font of knowledge. They will get you started.
Your boat will have it's own trolling sweet spots in your wake. Trial and error on your part will find them.
Single O/b will be slightly different from twins as will I/O's from I/boards. It's not that much different in trolling patterns. Once you get your trolling pattern and SPEED down , your success rate will increase.
For I/shore fishing for pelagics look for 4-6 inch bullet shaped lures.Jet heads and flat faced lures will also catch, but need correct placement in your spread. Look into trolling Birds in front of some of your lures. These would normally be placed midway to long distance in your spread.
I'm sorry that I can't be more specific than that right now. I'm sure guys in your area can supplu local info on where and what to use.

Joe B. ...aka...Ancient Mariner

Keep your feet dry and
catch 'em up.
Joseph Bielawski

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nansea11,

When your ready to outfit your boat, get back in touch with Bigeye, he sells everything you need for inshore trolling and it's stuff that works based on his 50 yearsof experiance.

Joe, This is Capt. Dave on the Blue Ayes, I hope I'll have the pleasure of your company on at least one offshore trip this summer.By the way, I'm going Sail fishing next week with Tiger Lily at his place in the Keys. Keep in touch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.